Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Springfield , Illinois
New Water Tank on '80 Excella II

Just finished installing a new water tank on my Excella. I was fortunate to get a new tank from Andy out at Inland RV (great people to deal with and appreciate the follow up call from Cathy). The tank was the exact tank and the only problem that I had was when I hammered the protective sheet metal that the tank sits in back out, the holes didn't line up perfectly on the street side. An hour with a drill and some self tapping screws and a few broken bits trying to drill the pilot holes and tank was complete. I would estimate from the start of the installation until completion was about 4 1/2 hours.
Guess the next item is replacing the 30 year old shocks. Got a good look at them while underneath replacing the shock and figure I'll shoot another day practicing my profanity.
Riverrat6270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverrat6270 View Post
Just finished installing a new water tank on my Excella. I was fortunate to get a new tank from Andy out at Inland RV (great people to deal with and appreciate the follow up call from Cathy). The tank was the exact tank and the only problem that I had was when I hammered the protective sheet metal that the tank sits in back out, the holes didn't line up perfectly on the street side. An hour with a drill and some self tapping screws and a few broken bits trying to drill the pilot holes and tank was complete. I would estimate from the start of the installation until completion was about 4 1/2 hours.
Guess the next item is replacing the 30 year old shocks. Got a good look at them while underneath replacing the shock and figure I'll shoot another day practicing my profanity.
Shocks take about one hour, for all four.

Just make sure you have enough cool one's on standby.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Springfield , Illinois
Andy,
Thanks for all the great service. Cathy has been most helpful in making sure that I get the answers that I need.
Jim
Riverrat6270 is offline   Reply With Quote