Old 03-05-2020, 11:20 AM   #1

1977 29' Ambassador
Port Ludlow , Washington
Moderate drip from fresh water tank down below

Morning all,

I have a '77 29 foot Sovereign that came with a leaking fresh water tank. I would call the leak moderate in rate of loss. On the bottom of the belly pan covering the tank there is a square opening that has been framed in and has a steel plate that has a bolt in the middle and the brass drain connection to one side. Not sure if I should take the line loose and try to tighten the fitting in hopes to eliminate the leak. Any thoughts out there? The PO was a doctor and did not treat her very well as far as maintenance. I have retrofitted the copper with pex and brass compression fittings throughout.

I have never taken the tank down and am unsure what I would find. Are there straps that hold the tank in place once the belly pan covering the tank is removed? Just don't want to knock out my good two front teeth upon removing the pan. I called AS NW and they were pretty worthless. Can never get through to a tech that actually works on them.

The pic is pretty suckie but shows the condition. If you look close you can see a water droplet on the nut on the brass fitting.

Thanks to all in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0798.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	632.8 KB
ID:	362618  

TinCan Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 06:10 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 23' Safari
Niagara on the Lake , Ontario
I had a similar leak on my ‘77 Safari. It was the hose from the tank to the pump. It was accessible through that steel plate.
The plate bolts to a piece of steel that goes through a hole in the middle of the tank, the tank is like a donut with a hole in the middle.
AldeanFan is offline   Reply With Quote