Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2006, 05:18 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1980 20' Caravelle
Currently Looking...
Coeur d alene , Idaho
Help! 1/2 x 3/8 x 3/8 push fitting

Found one water leak in my 1980 Caravelle. A pex t-fitting which is 1/2 x 3/8 x3/8 is broke. I've spent all day trying to find a push fitting but no luck. No room to use the crimping tool--any help would be appreciated! Does anyone make a T push fitting so I can keep this simple?
glacierrunne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 08:31 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Lowes

I was at my local Lowes a few days ago and they have just what you are looking for. I also stock them for repair work where the access is restricted. They are made by Sea-Tech and work very well!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1980 20' Caravelle
Currently Looking...
Coeur d alene , Idaho
Lowes in Coeur dalene, Idaho, does not have the right one, I am searching online to see if I can order them. Your right, once I find the source I am buying extras so when I am in the Wilds of Montana I'll survive! Thanks, Don
Old 06-04-2006, 09:08 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
If you can't find them let me know and I'll send you one!
Old 06-04-2006, 10:19 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1980 20' Caravelle
Currently Looking...
Coeur d alene , Idaho
Lew, Home Depot will let you use the crimp tool free if you buy the pex fittings from them. So after three trips to Lowes and HT Today I got two leaks fixed but two more showed up. The new ones are 1/2x1/2x1/2 and Lowes have that Sea Tech size here.Thanks for your help, I'll let you know when I am done and which ones I'd like to have for spares. Don
Old 06-05-2006, 08:55 AM   #6
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by glacierrunne
Lew, Home Depot will let you use the crimp tool free if you buy the pex fittings from them. So after three trips to Lowes and HT Today I got two leaks fixed but two more showed up. The new ones are 1/2x1/2x1/2 and Lowes have that Sea Tech size here.Thanks for your help, I'll let you know when I am done and which ones I'd like to have for spares. Don
Glad that you are getting a hold of the problems. Let me know if I can get any of those hard to find sizes for you. BTW, the Sea-Tech fittings are great because they work with everything, CPVC, copper and PEX.....even all in the same system!!
Old 06-05-2006, 10:06 AM   #7
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
glad to hear that Lowe's is carrying these.

I was looking for them a few weeks ago...both house and trailer projects in mind...but I couldn't find them anywhere. Heard about them here, of course...probably from the Lewster.

I saw in both HD and Lowe's that they're stocking some plastic push-on fittings, made by "Watts". They're in the display board with all the other Watts fittings. but they don't say "SeaTech®" on them...and they only come in small sizes. 3/8ths and below. don't know what these would be meant for, but anyway...

then in Lowes, I spotted a "SeaTech®" poster hangning from one of the shelves. basically, a laminated brochure. Same document that is found on their website. but no "SeaTech®" fittings to be found anywhere. and of course, no plumbing department person within a square mile to ask. so I figured that they must be "coming soon"....

"SeaTech" was actually aquired by Watts, but they're keeping the brand seperate.
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:04 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

1980 20' Caravelle
Currently Looking...
Coeur d alene , Idaho
Lew, I might take you up on getting some of the harder T sizes. I am going on a business Trip to Boise and Missoula . I'll check those Lowes stores for the sizes but if not I want to have some spares for my Glacier Trips. Thanks Again, Don