Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2008, 09:59 AM   #1
Silver Condo III

2015 30' International
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Drip, Drip, Drip

Hi folks,

We pulled into our season site last night after a weekend near Ottawa (it was cold!) and discovered that our low point hot water drain was leaking. I opened it all the way and got the expected rush of water. I then closed it and back came the drip. When we hooked up the city water, it was like the valve wasn't closed. Before I haul the Silver Condominium back to the dealer, I was wondering if anyone out there in cyber space has some suggestions as to what to look for and hopefully fix the leak!

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:18 AM   #2
Desert Fox

1985 31' Sovereign
Tucson , Arizona
Smile Hi

Buy a new valve and fix it yourself unles it is under waranty. I would not take to the dealer if he far away.
Regards from Russell in hot and sunny Tucson Az.
RUSSELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:32 PM   #3
Silver Condo III

2015 30' International
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Thanks

Thanks Russell, but I am looking for some more specific information/advice if anyone has some to share. Could the valve have something stuck in it? Any tips on how to replace, etc.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:43 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamadeca
Thanks Russell, but I am looking for some more specific information/advice if anyone has some to share. Could the valve have something stuck in it? Any tips on how to replace, etc.
You can try to flush it out it may have trash under the seat. Not all valves are created equal some or plastic some are metal with changeable seats. Dose the valve have a removable bonnet? I suggest you do some research on valves and how they are installed use google. You may just need a new seat. It is hard to tell you exactly how to do without saying change the valve, just be sure to turn it the correct direction. I am not walking out to my trailer but the last one I changed on a 68 was a brass valve, the seat was cut I just screwed in new valve. Do you have the clearance to remove the valve? Good luck

You may want to start soaking the valve attachment point sometime called a boss or bung with a good quality penetrating oil, not WD40. Soak it a day or two it will make your life easier.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:22 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Replace Your Air Gap

See information under Pressure Temperature Relief Valve on Page 5.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf atwood1.pdf (7.51 MB, 69 views)
Ganglin is offline   Reply With Quote