Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
JLester

1962 19' Globetrotter
Canyon Creek , Montana
Send a message via Yahoo to jlester
connection help for new water tank

I have purchased a new fresh water tank for my 1962 globetrotter restoration. The trailer is completely gutted so I am starting new. What type of connection (and where do I purchase the item, I assume Inland RV) that I would need to connect my 1/2 pex stuff to a 1/2 thread on the tank? The tank came with these little orange plugs and when you remove them, there is a 1/2" thread. I also purchased the sealand tank watch 4 system and the ring for it. I will need to cut a hole in the top of tank and attach this ring which has the threads for the tank watch system. How do I attatch the ring? A type of glue? One last question. I want to also add a water fill hole on the top of the tank. Where do I get the ring that would have a thread on it?

Thank you very much for your time to answer.
Julia.
jlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
JLester

1962 19' Globetrotter
Canyon Creek , Montana
Send a message via Yahoo to jlester
When using the pex connections into these tanks, should I be using the copper pex connectors or the plastic?
jlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:00 AM   #3
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Julia,

Perhaps if you post some pictures of what you have, we could help you find solutions.
Generally, there are 1/2 MPT fittings available to connect a Pex tube to a tank. It has the threads on one side, and a PEX barb on the other. I might have some at area63.
Again, if you post some pictures, we might be able to find what you need a little easier.
Also, please find out what material your tank is made from. Much depends on that. The fact that it is a fresh water tank is important, since you don't want chemicals from glues etc in your drinking water supply.
Most of the time we have the fresh water fittings spun into the tank. The tanks I have seen for fresh water are poly tanks, and the fittings are spun into place with a high speed router that has an adaptor. The poly literally melts the fittings into place while spinning - leak free.
Your tank monitor is unknown to me.