Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-23-2015, 02:55 PM   #1
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
City water hookup box ????

So what's behind the city water inlet. My trailer has a steel enclosure for the compartment where the city water inlet, black tank flush and external faucet is located. Of course steel will rust. I was working on my trailer the other day and noticed the peeling paint and rust. I cleaned it up as best I can and using POR-15 I coated it and re-painted the white. Looks a lot better but once again it will only last so long. Methinks that sometime ago I saw somewhere a stainless retro-fit for the enclosure. Has anyone gone that route ??? What will I find when/ if I dig into removing the steel box. Looks to be held in by only a few screws and should be easy to remove but what type of connections are hidden for the water inlets ??

Thanks all, See ya on the road sometime.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:31 AM   #2
Toomuchfun

2005 19' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Cincinnati , Ohio
Exactly the info I am looking for as my box is almost rusted and I have a leak from the bottom
kcrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:56 AM   #3
Toomuchfun

2005 19' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Cincinnati , Ohio
I recently installed the stainless retro-fit and can share my experience. Remove both the top and bottom door latch and catch by drilling out the rivets.

Remove all screws start with middle wall and then all the hookups as this will loosen grip and allow you to disconnect hoses.

Remove all screw from box and dislodge from its hold.
kcrockett is offline   Reply With Quote