Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-13-2017, 11:06 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy 27
Wenatchee , Washington
City Water Help 1979 Argosy AS

1979 27' AS Argosy Rear Bath Model - Full Interior Cosmetic Renovation

Proud 3rd owner of a sweet AS. Most of the hard work is complete. A cosmetic remodel is what needs to be done. PO sunk in the most $$ with upgrades in electrical, all new tanks, plumbing, inspections, new awning, etc.

The issue:

The city water connection leaks is what the PO told me. It leaked at the hose and the trailer connection. And she got that fixed by AS which cost her $75 for a $3 freakin hose fitting and some $.60 plumbers tape from the hardware store which irritates me for her because its nothing special at all (bronze pipe hose extension outside of trailer). It fixed the leak for a couple days. Then the city pipe inside the trailer started leaking when the system was charged the water pooled into the rear bumper. The kicker? I can't access the area to get back there to fix it. It's under the sink in the bathroom, behind a tank (blackwater I'm assuming, but of course I couldn't find plumbing or piping schematics for this trailer) and the pipes go down out of sight. I'm assuming a valve failed or a pipe sprung a leak and the piping just needs to be replaced in that small 1-2' section. I'd love to use the system it's just a personal preference.

Has anyone dealt with this and how did you access it without removing the rear panels and/or cutting the bumper off the trailer? There's literally no room for a person to get anywhere near the area not even to shim their way in. I don't even need to look at things to get them disassembled, but my hands themselves won't even fit between the bulkhead and the tank in the far back corner of the trailer to get to the piping to get it apart. If I remove the toilet, and sit atop the box, I'm in better a situation. I'm literally just sitting higher up trying to get to the same spot.

I'm doing a full bathroom remodel next year, but this is city piping situation is something I'm hoping to get out of the way now. Yes, the F/W tank is fine and the pump works fine and I can haul water, but I'd rather use the city water connection. I can wait to fix this situation once I start the full on bathroom gutting, but if someone is sitting on a secret, please let me in on it!

Thanks!
Heather Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4081.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	283364Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4080.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	283365Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4079.JPG
Views:	78