Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2018, 03:52 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Bothell , Washington
City water connection pressure

On the Classic, is there any adjustment on the water pressure regulator for the city water connection ?

We seem to have very low water pressure when connected to the city water connection. Iíve checked the water pressure at the park connection and there is plenty of pressure. Itís to the point that we are turning on the water pump to supplement the water pressure for showers.

Thanks for any input.

Chuck
charlesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:10 PM   #2
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
The internal pressure regulator on mine is set at 50 might be 55 and as far as I know they are not adjustable. Any higher pressure coming in would damage the Alde. That’s what I was told at the factory, I have no idea if it’s true but I kinda think it might be.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:12 PM   #3
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Check inlet screen where hose connects for crud and debris. Itís a mesh screen coarse filter.
S/OS #001
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook.
GCinSC2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:19 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2020 25' Globetrotter
Santa Rosa , California
We have not had any problems with water pressure in our 2018 30' Classic. Apologies if this is an obvious question, but your intake hose doesn't have a pressure regulator, does it? Since your Classic has a built in regulator, an external one isn't needed and may end up reducing pressure too much.

Also, did your dealer install the water filter under the sink? Ours isn't hooked up but it's possible that it might be creating a restriction.

ďThe thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.Ē
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

"You can't fix stupid...but you can work with it"
-- Wiley Miller

2020 25' Globetrotter Twin
2017 F250 4x4 6.7 max tow Platinum
mikeinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:26 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Norman , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinca View Post
We have not had any problems with water pressure in our 2018 30' Classic. Apologies if this is an obvious question, but your intake hose doesn't have a pressure regulator, does it? Since your Classic has a built in regulator, an external one isn't needed and may end up reducing pressure too much.

Also, did your dealer install the water filter under the sink? Ours isn't hooked up but it's possible that it might be creating a restriction.

You have a water filter under the sink? Ours doesnít have one...unless it is hidden somewhere!
twinkie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:30 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Bothell , Washington
No water filter under the sink on the 2018 units.

No external water pressure regulator.

We do run through a 2 stage water filter outside but there is still plenty of pressure out of it.

I’ll check the screen on the inlet.

Thanks.

Chuck.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:53 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Vancouver , British Columbia
I've been in two places where the pressure was so low we just used the water hookups to fill our fresh water tank and ran it through the pump to get good pressure. We've also been in a couple places recently where the pressure was 100psi+ and relied on an external regulator rather than the built-in regulator. I'd rather no test/rely on a regulator at the wall
mixedpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:08 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Colleyville , TX
City water connection pressure

You're doing the correct thing to up your pressure by turning on your pump. It's what we've been doing since 2004 and while one of us enjoys the low pressure, the other likes the supplemented pressure. Of course, all parks are different and the time of day will make a difference as well. Happy trails.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:11 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1996 25' Excella
Tillsonburg , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesk View Post
No water filter under the sink on the 2018 units.
No external water pressure regulator.
We do run through a 2 stage water filter outside but there is still plenty of pressure out of it.
Iíll check the screen on the inlet.
Thanks. Chuck.
By plenty of pressure out of it, do you mean good waterflow? You can have lots of pressure in a static mode...no running water, but if the filter is plugged the pressure drop across the plug will seriously limit water volume through the filter
Try removing thee filter for a test run
JCW
JCWDCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:47 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Bothell , Washington
Good thought. I’ll give it a try.

Thanks.

Chuck.
Old 05-02-2018, 04:14 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
The pressure valve on the Classics, internal, is or was set to 60#, but the Alde can only take about 50# so I added an external valve which I put on at each campground and all systems seem to work fine.

2020 28' Twin Flying Cloud-(Our 5th Airstream)

USAF Master Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 10:54 AM   #12
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Chuck,

Curious, did you find a solution?

Gary
S/OS #001
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook.
GCinSC2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:42 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Bothell , Washington
Not yet. Woke up this morning to the Airstream leaning to one side. Nuts, a flat. Spent the morning changing the tire.

Water pressure still on my list.

Chuck
KenneysSeeAmerica.com
Old 05-05-2018, 12:14 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1996 25' Excella
Tillsonburg , Ontario
Been there! Drove through extreme traffic on I90 under construction ..one lane all the way going to Madison for the International. Decided to stay one night in a campground nearby and get out early next morning to be in front of the parking queue. Set up to roll in with others doing the same thing...flat tire...just grateful it didn't go while I was in the heavy traffic.
JCW
Old 05-12-2018, 02:38 PM   #15
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Ok, at least on my trailer there is a pressure regulator built in where the city water comes into the trailer. There is also a "relief" valve built in as part of the Alde system. If you pull into a park with .... errr ... 150 lb water pressure, the built in regulator will not do the job. The result is the Alde valve dumping water out of the trailer through the relief valve. Neither the built in regulator or the Alde gizmo are adjustable.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 04:31 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Bothell , Washington
Thanks. I was actually considering a water regulator. Taking the AS to the dealer in a couple of weeks to fix a couple minor issues. Asked them to check the water pressure on city water.

Chuck
Old 05-13-2018, 02:10 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1996 25' Excella
Tillsonburg , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

Ok, at least on my trailer there is a pressure regulator built in where the city water comes into the trailer. There is also a "relief" valve built in as part of the Alde system. If you pull into a park with .... errr ... 150 lb water pressure, the built in regulator will not do the job. The result is the Alde valve dumping water out of the trailer through the relief valve. Neither the built in regulator or the Alde gizmo are adjustable.

Bob

Most parks with a higher than normal water pressure will tell you when you register and also lend you a tap mounted regulator. Even 90 psi will burst your water hose....can't imagine 150 psi without being forewarned by the park office.
Can't understand why AS would install a regulator with higher pressure than the Alde System
JCW
Old 05-14-2018, 06:59 AM   #18
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWDCW View Post
Most parks with a higher than normal water pressure will tell you when you register and also lend you a tap mounted regulator. Even 90 psi will burst your water hose....can't imagine 150 psi without being forewarned by the park office.
Can't understand why AS would install a regulator with higher pressure than the Alde System
JCW
Hi

I believe they had just had "work done" on the system and Bob the Plumber didn't quite get things right ..... It was exciting to turn on a faucet in the bath house and be able to wash your hands from across the room in the spray

Bob
Old 04-21-2021, 10:35 AM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2021 30' Flying Cloud
2020 25' International
minneapolis , Minnesota
I added an adjustable pressure regulator and I can’t get it any higher than 45psi. When I connect it to my city water inlet, I have very little water pressure through the faucets. When I turn the pump on, it doubles the amount of water out of the faucets. I have a brand new FC 30 bunk, first time hooking up to the city inlet. I didn’t have this issue with my 2020 International. Any idea what the issue might be?
s1000pre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:05 AM   #20
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1000pre View Post
I added an adjustable pressure regulator and I canít get it any higher than 45psi. When I connect it to my city water inlet, I have very little water pressure through the faucets. When I turn the pump on, it doubles the amount of water out of the faucets. I have a brand new FC 30 bunk, first time hooking up to the city inlet. I didnít have this issue with my 2020 International. Any idea what the issue might be?
Hi

First guess would be crud in the city water intake ( debris in the strainer ...). Second guess would be a defective regulator.

Everything in the AS should be fine at 60 PSI. There is no reason to regulate below that.

Regulators have an "overhead" requirement. If you want X out, you need X + 20 psi ( or some other number ) in. That overhead number varies between types and brands of regulators. In general the simpler the regulator the lower the overhead number.

Bob