Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2004, 07:40 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Bathroom faucet replacement

The sprayhead/faucet in the bathroom of my 2003 International broke. It was plastic and a small crack grew until it just broke. I tried to dissassemble the connection to the stainless steel hose, but couldn't. I'm not sure if there is a way of just replacing the shower head?
Anyway, does anyone know how to access the faucet to replace it? I took the bench seat seat apart and could only see the supply lines just off the floor. How can they be accessed?

Confused in Seattle
billwhelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:12 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Not sure but...

I'm not intimately familiar with new International CCD's but if it's shower sprayer at end of flex hose, there are usually tapered barrel "nuts" that screw onto the threaded ends of the hose. It doesn't look like a nut, with no flat sides, but it should unscrew with some assistance in gripping... One of those plastic jar lid opening discs is a good way to get grip on tapered barrel.. Channel lock pliers or plumbing wrench are probably overkill, and likely to cause damage unless used with rubber padding and very gently...

We replaced both kitchen and bath sink faucet units with std household faucets that included mixer valves, similar to Delta or Moen units. Plastic flex piping in Airstream and nuts at pipe ends mate to threads on new faucet units also, with need for small amounts of teflon tape or pipe compound for sealing...

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote