Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-14-2010, 02:07 PM   #1

1988 34' Limited
Gainesville , Florida
Question '88 Limited AS where's the city water hook up?

88 Limited 34' AS where's the city water hook up?

Hey-

We just got this AS and really dont have any clue about how to many of the functions required to camp in it.

We are camping right now and I read though manuel a few times and I still can not find where to hook up the city water so we can run the sinks, etc.

Can someone give me a hand?

Only thing I have been able to do is fill up the fresh water tank. I still have not been able to get the water running in the trailor.
destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
Although I'm not familiar with your coach, try looking on the street side, almost to the rear. Below the belt line you should have some rectangular shaped compartment doors (maybe 6 x 28). Open the front most one and you might find what you are looking for. You should be able to turn on the pump and use the sinks without city water. And welcome to the Forums.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:32 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1996 34' Limited
humboldt , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny View Post
88 Limited 34' AS where's the city water hook up?

Hey-

We just got this AS and really dont have any clue about how to many of the functions required to camp in it.

We are camping right now and I read though manuel a few times and I still can not find where to hook up the city water so we can run the sinks, etc.

Can someone give me a hand?

Only thing I have been able to do is fill up the fresh water tank. I still have not been able to get the water running in the trailor.

Our '89 34 ft Limited was on the street side a little bit in front of the bumper. It was accessible from the outside without opening any compartment. Should be about a 6" square chrome dealy with a threaded hose fitting. Hope you find it.
tintent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:49 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1985 34' Limited
1960 24' Tradewind
Summerville , South Carolina
Yep,
Ours is on the streetside just under the last peice of framing that intersects the bumper. My father's 88 Excella has a compartment door on the very low part of the rear streetside skin (his is a quenn set up so it may explain the variation.).
If you still can't find it, look inside under the bed for a pressure regulator (about the size of pear, gold in color,) and trace that to where it exits the trailer-most likely toward the rear.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1985 34' Limited
1960 24' Tradewind
Summerville , South Carolina
Another helpful tip is that if the hook up is external of the trailer and not behind some panel, make sure you keep a cap of some sort on it when not in use. Dirt doubblers and other insects love to put stuff in there and it causes all sorts of trouble.
Good luck, welcome to the forums, and let us know what you find. We will be happy to try to answer anything else to make your trip go smoothly.

Tags
water, hookup