Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-31-2013, 06:16 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2013 31' Classic
Pittstown , New Jersey
2013 - No water pressure!

My wife and I purchased a 2013 Classic Limited, 30 footer. We like the trailer a lot but it does have a few quirks which drive us nuts..the latest has to do with water pressure..

When we are connected to park water, the pressure and flow inside the unit is terrible... basically just a dribble. It is impossible to wash dishes or worse yet, actually take a shower!.. If I fill the fresh water tank and run the pump, the pressure and flow are actually pretty good.

Up until now I have been thinking that all these parks we have been in have lousy water pressure but this morning, before sunrise, I was out filling the fresh water tank so showers could be taken.. I decided to see just was coming out of the park water supply.. guess what, high volume and very nice pressure, sustained!

I know there is something in the unit which restricts flow and pressure.. Question is, where is it and how do I remove or bypass it?? The way this thing works now is simply nuts.

Thanks for listening!

Joel
jtalka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:30 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
The pressure regulator is just on the other side of the metal plate from the hose connector. It is a little tricky to get that plate off, but patience pays off. The regulator is my first suspicion of your issue.

However I would not run without a regulator. I have a quality brass Watts unit which remains external to the trailer. See it here:

RV Water Filter Store: Standard Filter Canisters for Whole RV

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:31 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
2017 30' Classic
Summerville , South Carolina
Sounds like your pressure regulator is bad or there is trash in the inlet.
First check the screen on the inlet connection.

The pressure regulator in on the back side of your water inlet hook up. You may have to remove something inside to get to it.
Captain Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:32 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Beyond the regulator, your issue could only be a kinked line. If you have good pressure with the pump at all faucets, I believe your restriction would be apparent behind the same plate described above or under the bath sink.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
Old 10-31-2013, 06:49 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Belfast , Maine
"If I fill the fresh water tank and run the pump, the pressure and flow are actually pretty good."

I know this might be a dump question, but as a novice I've made similar errors. You do run the pump when connected to park water? Hope you find the problem. It seems there is lots of good advice above.
anniemaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:52 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by anniemaine View Post
"If I fill the fresh water tank and run the pump, the pressure and flow are actually pretty good."

I know this might be a dump question, but as a novice I've made similar errors. You do run the pump when connected to park water? Hope you find the problem. It seems there is lots of good advice above.

You should only have to rune both the pump, with the tank filled, and have city water running at the same time, when there is TRULY low park pressure. Nothing wrong with using both under that circumstance. I have never had to, however.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:03 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2013 31' Classic
Pittstown , New Jersey
Found it!

Thanks to all who have chimed in here... The problem turned out to be the screen on the water inlet...was clogged... I run a Culligan full house filter and had just replaced the element before this trip.. Looks like bits of filter material were covering the screen... once I cleaned that out, all was well.. The shower is super again!!

Appreciate the help!
jtalka is offline   Reply With Quote