Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2024, 09:59 AM   #1

2001 19' Bambi
Locust Grove , Virginia
Exclamation 2001 safari bambi Water Tank

Hi! i have a 2001 safari bambi and it has been converted into a hair salon. I have it hooked to power but I am not seeing the spot to hook it to city water. I see a potable water fill spot but when I went to fill it the underside seemed to be leaking but i did not see an actual tank. I am new to campers and have tried googling and have no made it very far. Please let me know if you have any advice on where to start. Thanks in advance.
HairstreamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 08:54 PM   #2
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O
Hampton Beach , New Hampshire
Hi - Welcome to the forums!

I'm going to point you at the owners manual first: https://www.airstream.com/wp-content...manual-240.pdf

That's on the Airstream Website. Page F5-F6 discuss in detail the water system, location and operation.

Generally speaking the trailer has a fresh water tank so you can bring water with you on the road etc... It also has what's called a "City" water connection which is what you probably found.

The difference between the two...city water you're connecting a hose and it's providing the pressure to move the water through your pipes. Without the city water hookup you'd use the internal pump to move water through the system from the fresh water tank.

It sounds as though your city water connection needs to be repaired. It can be done DIY, but being new to the RV world that may be intimidating. A mobile RV repair can do that for you in short order.

Tom - S/OS #025
- 2008 30' Classic S/O - S/OS #025 - Riding on 16" Wheels and Tires -
- Live Free or Die -
STREMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 06:21 AM   #3

2001 19' Bambi
Locust Grove , Virginia
I am not even seeing the city water connect. The one I see says potablewater and is a bigger connect where a hose can fit inside of it
HairstreamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 07:47 AM   #4
19’ Bambi Flying Cloud

2017 19' Flying Cloud
Airstream Coach - Other
Husqvarnia , Husqvarnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairstreamD View Post
I am not even seeing the city water connect. The one I see says potablewater and is a bigger connect where a hose can fit inside of it
Which model 2001 Safari Bambi do you own? They came in various model lengths.

At any rate, the owners manual linked above explains where the city water inlet is located on each model. If yours is not there then someone likely eliminated it when it was modified/converted to a hair salon.

Quote:
CITY WATER HOOK-UP

The city water hook-up is found on the lower roadside, rear corner close to the bumper (exception is16 Ft Bambi which is located on the roadside side sheet.)
Old 04-24-2024, 10:07 PM   #5
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairstreamD View Post
Potablewater is drinking water. "City Water Connection" is a term used to describe a hose connection that supplies water to the trailer. In simple terms you connect a water hose to the connection and that supplies water to the trailers fixtures.

Here's an example of a city water connection in a lower compartment of a airstream trailer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	city water connection.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	442997

Although you can't see it in this picture the compartment is relatively large and you could probably store a hose in it. This photo shows a water hose connected to the trailers "city" water inlet.

Here's another example of what a city water connection looks like.

Name:   another city water connection.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  19.0 KB

In your first post you said you tried to fill it. Did the connection look like this? Did you try to attach a hose to it? Screwing a hose onto this connector should supply water to the fixtures.

The unknown factor here is how much did the trailer get modified. Is the Salon stationary or mobile/towed on the road? Some more details may help us to help you.

Tom - S/OS #025
- Live Free or Die -
Old 04-25-2024, 12:52 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2002 19' Bambi
Lafayette , California
Our 2002 19' Bambi has the city (potable) water connection on the streetside at the rear bumper. It is external and is a hose connection.

Tim
Tim A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 05:07 AM   #7
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O
HairstreamD - Just to clarify what can be some confusing terminology for a new trailer owner:

"Roadside & Streetside" refer to the "driver side" of the trailer as it was being towed down the road. In other words, the side of the trailer that would be closest to the yellow center line of the roadway when being towed.

"Camping side & Curbside" refer to the "passenger side" of the trailer as it was being towed down the road. Usually the side of the trailer that the entry door is on. In other words, the opposite side of the trailer that would be furthest from the center line of the roadway near the white line or curb.

Tom - S/OS #025
- Live Free or Die -