Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2021, 06:52 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
My electric awning acted up in the early days of ownership. In conversations with the Zip Dee people, I finally figured out what to do religiously when operating the awning:
To open:
1. Push rocker "ON/OFF" switch to ON. (I understand that not all the Zip Dee awnings have the on/off rocker switch but mine does).
2. Push the "Close" button on the panel. (This resets the controls).
3. Push the Open button. (Do not keep the button pressed while it opens or closes, just a firm push will do it).
4. When fully extended, push either the "Tilt Front" or "Tilt Back" button (optional). BTW - you can extend the awning part way versus fully extended.

DO NOT MOVE THE OFF/ON ROCKER SWITCH TO OFF WHILE AWNING IS EXTENDED.

To close:
1. Push CLOSE button. (NOTE: If you tilted the awning after you extended it, you don't need to push the tilt button to straighten it as it will close properly on its own. However, I usually un-tilt it and then push the "Close" button.
3. When completely retracted, push rocker ON/OFF switch to OFF.
Definitely make sure that OFF switch is OFF when traveling.
Every couple of months, I oil the moving parts based on a YouTube I watch on maintenance.
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 06:42 AM   #22
Grace the Airstream

2020 27' Globetrotter
Powhatan , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatLee View Post
My electric awning acted up in the early days of ownership. In conversations with the Zip Dee people, I finally figured out what to do religiously when operating the awning:
To open:
1. Push rocker "ON/OFF" switch to ON. (I understand that not all the Zip Dee awnings have the on/off rocker switch but mine does).
2. Push the "Close" button on the panel. (This resets the controls).
3. Push the Open button. (Do not keep the button pressed while it opens or closes, just a firm push will do it).
4. When fully extended, push either the "Tilt Front" or "Tilt Back" button (optional). BTW - you can extend the awning part way versus fully extended.

DO NOT MOVE THE OFF/ON ROCKER SWITCH TO OFF WHILE AWNING IS EXTENDED.

To close:
1. Push CLOSE button. (NOTE: If you tilted the awning after you extended it, you don't need to push the tilt button to straighten it as it will close properly on its own. However, I usually un-tilt it and then push the "Close" button.
3. When completely retracted, push rocker ON/OFF switch to OFF.
Definitely make sure that OFF switch is OFF when traveling.
Every couple of months, I oil the moving parts based on a YouTube I watch on maintenance.
Agree. These simple instructions will ensure a much smoother operations.

I too had issues until I learned to be more patient with the unit.

As stated it is finiky and like a spoiled child.

When you have the issues with it not closing all the way, I turn off the power (rocker switch) then turn it back on, hit close again and then open.

I let it complete its reinitialization process (supposedly the system is like a duck it learns its process new every time you open it )

Then it usually closes just fine.
pdavey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:45 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
pdavy - thanks for the additional note on how to reinitialize the system when it fouls up.
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:08 AM   #24
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawus"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , Milky Way
Bob
🇺🇸

😂
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	97B367E4-67CA-4288-9D24-0187ECF65757_1_105_c.jpeg
Views:	7