Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Awnings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-17-2017, 09:37 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Cocomo , California
Saved my awning

This morning while I was out for a hunting for arrowheads and drawing pictures of the local flora I was approached by a fellow camper. He asked if I owned the airstream with the bookcases filled with only the most classic and scholarly works . I replied " why yes my good man". He then informed me of the impending doom to my extended awning. He had just learned of the approaching inclement weather from the morning news on his TELEVISION. I bid him a fare day and raced back to same my awning from doom.
Superbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:43 AM   #2
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
So glad your neighbors were able to locate you so quickly. Catastrophe averted. Jolly Good.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:06 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbob View Post
This morning while I was out for a hunting for arrowheads and drawing pictures of the local flora I was approached by a fellow camper. He asked if I owned the airstream with the bookcases filled with only the most classic and scholarly works . I replied " why yes my good man". He then informed me of the impending doom to my extended awning. He had just learned of the approaching inclement weather from the morning news on his TELEVISION. I bid him a fare day and raced back to same my awning from doom.
Excellent first post. Did you find any arrowheads?
SeaLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:35 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Cocomo , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaLevel View Post
Excellent first post. Did you find any arrowheads?
Why yes I did. I set down upon a log to reflect and record some notes in my journal. I felt something protruding from my buttocks. Upon its removal and closer inspection I am please to say it was actually a Clovis point. Just bully, hence this must be the reason for my persistent stuffiness.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:01 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Welcome Bob. I, too, found your post quite amusing. I do hope that all those heavy books in those huge bookcases do not impinge upon your preferred mpg.! How cumbersome that must be....in the tight confines of your Airstream.

One must be especially cautious when sitting upon an arrowhead. My, my, that surely must have been most uncomfortable. You poor dear! Once you have healed from the aforesaid assault to your refined sensitivities, I find it most encouraging that you were successful in saving your awning from the raucous winds.

During my trip last fall to the PNW coast, I accidentally began to drive away from my campsite with my awning fully extended. A fellow traveler waved me down and alerted me to the quandary that said awning would soon face during my drive, thus, allowing me the opportunity to push the button and retract the awning from the horrors of a wind assaulted death! Oh, how grateful and happy was I. I rewarded the Good Samaritan with a fine bottle of wine from my well stocked wine cabinet in my Airstream Interstate.

I shall always be well assured that my awning is fully retracted prior to driving and will think fondly of the nice lady who saved my awning from such a traumatic fate.

One does wish you happy and safe travels. HAPPY ST. PATRICK's day from the scotch-Irish Colorado Lady.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:09 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Cocomo , California
Why thankyou for the kind words and Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:11 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
redondo beach , California
Love that happy ending!

RC
mythbuster88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:25 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Lakes Region , New Hampshire
I would like to book a reservation for "A campfire story time" with SuperBob and ColoradoLady
RandyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:27 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

Cocomo , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbuster88 View Post
Love that happy ending!

RC

I owe it all to the magic of TELEVISION.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:32 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyNH View Post
I would like to book a reservation for "A campfire story time" with SuperBob and ColoradoLady

Ditto and hear hear!

Pray tell, doest the OP campest in the Northeast quadrant of the naughty colony what broke free some quarter millennia ago?
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:59 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
If you didn't get back nice campers would have tried to save your awning for you.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:29 PM   #12
Rivet Master

Fellow Airstreaming Campers/Travelers:
I suppose I should attempt to fashion a truly heartfelt apology to the OP for my "kidnapping" of his aristocratic thread.........

BUT I JUST CAN'T STOP LAUGHING LONG ENOUGH TO GET SERIOUS!!!

Yeh,yeh....I know I am a bad bad girl.....I just could not stop myself!

No, I was not sampling wine in early celebration of St Patrick's day. I did have 2 cups of strong, black coffee prior to my outburst. So, I'll blame it all on the coffee.....Or, maybe it's just a bit of MARCH MADNESS!!!

Regarding the campfire stories....." When ya'll are headin' out here to Colorado, give me a jingle, and I'll see if I can join up with ya'll for a rip roaring campfire. After a couple glasses of wine, I should be able to recall a few stories. If I can't recall one, I'll make up a couple good ones!!" After all....the Irish have been known for a long time as our ability to spin a good yarn!

May the sun shine on ye face, and a stiff wind on ye back, a pot of gold at the end of your rainbows....and THE LUCK OF THE IRISH ON ALL YOUR JOURNEYS!
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:56 PM   #13
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
SuperBob and Colorado - yup, I would love to be able to spend a night or two in your company but I am afraid I would be laughing so hard that I would hurt something. You guys are a HOOT! Thanks,
Lauri

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote