Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Awnings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-01-2021, 08:06 AM   #1

1976 31' Sovereign
Katy , Texas
New to forum ? On ordering zip dee awning

I'm having a 1976 31 ft. Airstream Sovereign renovated and want to see how I can order a new awning and select fabric and have it shipped to my AS renovator in MI.? Anyone help me? Don't need "parts" I want to select the entire new awning and have shipped to him to open and install please.
Lisa Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:11 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 20' Flying Cloud
Kingsport , Tennessee
Shouldn't the renovator just call ZipDee and order it?

My AS dealer called ZipDee and ordered the additional awnings (rear and streetside) to match my main awning, installed for me.
WBCCI #1051
LNBright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:28 AM   #3

1976 31' Sovereign
Katy , Texas
Thank you Leslie! Trying to figure this awning thing out.
Lisa Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:29 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Fredericksburg , Texas
Google Awnings By Zip Dee. They have dealers all over the place. Go on there web and select Texas. There’s an RV dealer in Seguin that can probably order and have ship dropped at your renovator. Good luck
Bubba L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:47 AM   #5
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
I have a friend who is a distributor. I call him and walk through the color and size. He orders and a couple of weeks later there is an 18 wheeler in front of my house.

I'm sure there is a distributer in your area that can help.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 09:36 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1964 30' Sovereign
Ione , CA
We have a 1964 Airstream Sovereign 30' which has never had an awning mounted on it. It does have the original 21' track on it though.

We got quotes from two Airstream dealers which are also Zip Dee installers.

Contacted the customer service group in Zip Dee (www.awningsbyzipdee.com) and a nice lady named Linda sent three different fabric samples (they'll send five without charge) which my wife reviewed for 'look and feel' and made our choice (I have trouble matching my socks every morning so that decision was completely in her capable hands). With that decision made I can connect with the installer for other decisions.

Have an appointment to take our trailer to the installer (located 2 hours away) Wednesday for measurements. The pillar locations on each trailer are important for an installer to understand before ordering the kit. The supports have to be positioned to not interfere with access to the door, window and vent locations, etc.

We also have to indicate our preference for awning design/type (new vs. vintage, powered vs. manual, case cover, support designs, etc.) Once those choices are made (we'll make a deposit) the dealer will order the kit, and we will bring the trailer back for installation.
Trowbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 09:40 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
North Fort Myers , Florida
I suppose you have more money than me, but I ordered the fabric, cording, thread and basting tape from sailrite.com which was $700. My 75 had all four awnings but all needed redone. The only roller tube that was good was the streetside awning. So, I needed the front, back and the patio roller tubes. They wanted almost $400 to ship the 24' tube. I live in FL, but went to Pittsburgh to visit family. So, I drove from Pittsburgh to Chicago and saved several hundred dollars picking the tubes up. Now, pricing!!! Those are very expensive and you're probably looking at $7000 plus installation. You can call ZipDee order the awnings and have them drop shipped to your renovator. Now add the shipping to the awnings, probably $1000 for everything. BOL.
TLBIJOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:39 PM   #8
PCJ
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Eden Prairie , Minnesota
When we had to replace ours we had our dealer order it in, it did take a long time to get it in.
PCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:46 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

Elk Grove Village , Illinois
Hey there! Zip Dee here! We're glad you're looking to us for a new awning. If you don't already have a dealer in mind, please feel free to call us and we can recommend someone in your area. You always have the option of ordering yourself but if you are planning on having someone install it for you, I would just have them place the order as well. We can send you several samples of fabric if you'd like. Just call and ask for Linda - 847-437-0980. She can help you with everything!
ZipDee2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:53 PM   #10
Site Team

1994 25' Excella
Waukesha , Wisconsin
I've had great success in getting parts directly from Zip Dee. Great people to work with and great customer service.
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 05:38 PM   #11
Sombrero

2018 30' Classic
St-Jérôme , Quebec
Zip dee....orde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Anne View Post
I'm having a 1976 31 ft. Airstream Sovereign renovated and want to see how I can order a new awning and select fabric and have it shipped to my AS renovator in MI.? Anyone help me? Don't need "parts" I want to select the entire new awning and have shipped to him to open and install please.

Order direct from Zip Dee speak with Lynda they take care of expediting the whole awning to you and install it yourself! It is very easy and no brainer to install...you'll save thousands! Dealer will charge you for ordering,shipping installing!!! Lots of $$$ for the dealer!
B.trudeau is offline   Reply With Quote