Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Awnings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-16-2006, 04:23 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Nashville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to harestream
Thumbs up looking for a used awning? Should we just buy a new one For a 25' Tradwind

We are starting our research now for an awning for our 25' Tradewind. It's never had an awning that we are aware of, so I imagine we'll need to buy lots of hardware too. I am looking for advice. Do used ones come around? What sizes would you all suggest? We want something large but not overly cumbersome to deal with, something that wont look overwhelming next to our trailer.. I see lots of various sizes to select, yet I'd hate to buy more than what is necessary, and now that I read that zip dee is raising the prices I feel pressured into getting something soon, and since delivery time take a while, and we plan on disembaking come Sept. Although It's gotta be vintage/classy looking. any tips? Thanks.. What should we be looking at to spend?
Old 07-16-2006, 04:41 PM   #2
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
I put a zipdee on my 75 Trade Wind earlier this year. http://www.airforums.com/forum...t-20240-1.html
Your trailer should have the channel along the top for the awning. The awnings are made for the units and mine was around 15 1/2 feet long. No problem for one person to open and close. The correct lenth is important so that the arms can be mounted on the rib lines of the trailer side. I bought mine from Andy because of the 10% discount he offers and had it delivered to my home.The install is straight forward except for the problem I had with my Vista View window. I have been very happy with the awning.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:53 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Columbus , Ohio
I'll second that...

what azflycaster wrote. Although my only problem (minor) was with the old stove vent keeping the awning from fully closing. I just replaced the vent with a lower profile one from Inland Rv. Awning was easy to install and is AWESOME to use. I ordered ours for Lewster, a fellow forum member, at a 15% discount. It took about a week to receive. Here's a pic of it taken yesterday! --dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Meadow Lakes, Urbana 7-16-06 003.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	23637  
Streamin 65 is offline   Reply With Quote