Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2009, 03:39 PM   #21
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
BigEd - in my PM, I neglected to mention w/the Seattle co. website, you need to go to Products on left side, then new arrivals - Sunbrella. Once there you can see on left side the color palette to click. I saw several blue/white stripe choices far down below the solid colors. Hope one of my sources works out for you.

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #22
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
I'm going to add the fabric that I am checking out for my wrap windows. It is a new product that is being used for awnings. It is not blue/white striped, but is striped and has blue colors. It is suppose to be less inclined to trap heat and hold up well to UV. I'll let you read about it. I am looking at it for window protectors and as a substitute for rock guards, but with the advantage of a sun shade that will let us see out, but others won't see in.

Outdoor Fabric - Sunbrella for cushions, awnings, furniture, curtains. Free Samples - AwnTex 120 - Royal/Navy/White Stripe

Good luck

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
Old 07-23-2009, 05:09 PM   #23
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Here is another brand that seems to have what you need. It is a vinyl awning material and as you read down, it shows to come in a blue/while stripe. I will have to come back here to get you the website as I lost it after copying the info below.

Patio 500 fabric has exceptional resistance to mildew and UV rays making this waterproof fabric the perfect choice for awnings, canopies and commercial installations in sunny, high humidity areas. Made with wick and craze resistant polyester weft-inserted warp knit scrim, Patio 500 has a matte, linen-like finish that combines long-lasting good looks with exceptional dimensional stability and superior strength. It accepts graphics including heat transfer films, heat-sealed and inset fabrics, silk screening, hand painting, appliqué and more. (Pressure sensitive adhesive vinyl graphics are not recommended.) Underside of the fabric is the same color unless otherwise noted*. Additional applications include pool and hot tub covers, umbrellas, gym floors, field covers, wrestling mats, equipment covers, banners, wall panels, welding curtains, divider curtains, air ducts and more. Backed by a five-year limited warranty, excluding Pattern 513 Clear.

Fabric: Vinyl Laminated Polyester
Finish: Flame retardant- California State Fire Marshal, F-121.02; UL-214, Classified; NFPA-701; ASTM-E-84, Class A; CPAI-84; MVSS-302
Width: 61 inches wide
Weight: 17.5 oz. per sq. yd.
Put up: Approximately 50 yard rolls

*Solids:
Beige Underside: English Brown
Eggshell Underside: Emerald, Cobalt, Terra Cotta, Burgundy, Black
White Underside: Emerald (Item number 858586.)

*Stripes:
White Underside: Yellow/White, Royal Blue/White, Dark Green/White, Black/White
Sand Underside: Brown/Sand

Old 07-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Awning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post
Hi Ed, I have curved arms as well. I visited three RV shops that where listed as distributors. None of the first three knew a thing. Carefree does not make it easy to buy their products. I went to Richards RV in Reading Michigan (south central Michigan, Hillsdale County). Charlie told me to bring my trailer in and he would do the measuring and guarantee the fit. He did not cash my check until the awnings came in, correct. He told me if they did not fit he would buy them back. It is unusually to find this type of person to work with and I recommend him. When the awnings came in with horizontal stripes instead of vertical, he sent them back and made carefree fix them. The only things that I changed to make them fit was to raise the adjustment bolt (quarter inch bolt that the curve arm rests against when you lower it for storage) up two holes to allow clearance for the alumaguard and the stove vent. I also got a new end cap from Vintage Trailer Supply. I have included a couple of pictures. I hope this helps. good luck, bill
[ATTACH]Attachment 84381[/ATTACH]
Bill, Did you have Charlie order just fabric w/Alumaguard that worked on your arms or did you have to order a new roller/spring assembly? Is your fabric Vinyl or Acrylic? I think both my end caps are good on the arms but I will see what VTS has... Thanks, Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:41 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by COArgosy78 View Post
Here is another brand that seems to have what you need. It is a vinyl awning material and as you read down, it shows to come in a blue/while stripe. I will have to come back here to get you the website as I lost it after copying the info below.

Patio 500 fabric has exceptional resistance to mildew and UV rays making this waterproof fabric the perfect choice for awnings, canopies and commercial installations in sunny, high humidity areas. Made with wick and craze resistant polyester weft-inserted warp knit scrim, Patio 500 has a matte, linen-like finish that combines long-lasting good looks with exceptional dimensional stability and superior strength. It accepts graphics including heat transfer films, heat-sealed and inset fabrics, silk screening, hand painting, appliqué and more. (Pressure sensitive adhesive vinyl graphics are not recommended.) Underside of the fabric is the same color unless otherwise noted*. Additional applications include pool and hot tub covers, umbrellas, gym floors, field covers, wrestling mats, equipment covers, banners, wall panels, welding curtains, divider curtains, air ducts and more. Backed by a five-year limited warranty, excluding Pattern 513 Clear.

Fabric: Vinyl Laminated Polyester
Finish: Flame retardant- California State Fire Marshal, F-121.02; UL-214, Classified; NFPA-701; ASTM-E-84, Class A; CPAI-84; MVSS-302
Width: 61 inches wide
Weight: 17.5 oz. per sq. yd.
Put up: Approximately 50 yard rolls

*Solids:
Beige Underside: English Brown
Eggshell Underside: Emerald, Cobalt, Terra Cotta, Burgundy, Black
White Underside: Emerald (Item number 858586.)

*Stripes:
White Underside: Yellow/White, Royal Blue/White, Dark Green/White, Black/White
Sand Underside: Brown/Sand
Leigh, Thanks... Please do post the website as I want to look at the Royal Blue/White stripes that you show in the above post. Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote