Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Awnings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-06-2016, 10:47 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1976 23' Safari
S. Chesterfield , Virginia
Cabana on an Airstream

I see the Dometic Cabana offered in 13' that would fit my older Land Yacht. since i don't #1 have an awning and #2 shocked to see how much a Zip Dee retractable cost with a screen house, i was wondering if anyone had tried this with their RV. be kind!
Joe Oertel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 09:28 AM   #2

2015 27' FB International
Houston , Texas
Screen room by zip Dee

Hi there. I bought the screen room. It is crazy expensive and it was a pain in the butt to get the skirting remade because what they sent the first time was poorly made. The screen material they use is not breathable. The knit on the screen is so tight that you do not get a cross breeze like you are expecting and wanting. It’s not really a screen room but rather additional wall to hang from the awning. I do not recommend this room.
TheShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 09:00 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
I have a stand alone screen room that I rarely use. I found that it was a lot simpler for one person to deploy than anything else because the supports were spring loaded; but still I only use it when attending a rally or staying in one place for a.long time. It does have the advantage of being less subject to wind damage than an awning.

YMMD, but I recommend you NOT go out and immediately buy all the stuff you fancy for your new toy. (Camping World, etc.. exists only to separate you from all of your money.) Wait a while and figure out what you really need and miss having... and see lots of other people enjoying. Of course I see moho owners who have 60 inch screen TVs and whole sets of patio furniture packed into their garage storage, but I go camping to get away from it all, not to drag it all with me!