Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Awnings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-13-2018, 04:18 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Palm Bay , Florida
Awnings

2018 classic 33 ft. Awning tilt doers very little to redirect water. Flash flood needed my help to relieve main awning of water. Is there any adjustment for this. If I wasn’t home the awning may have collapsed. On the road now so I will definitely check with dealer when I get home. Anyone having same problem?
Airstream130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:30 PM   #2

Currently Looking...
Palm Bay , Florida
I have a 2018 classic 33ft. Are there any of you having to deal,with airstream factory regarding the projection tv debacle that was created at factory? The sad thing is that it I complained about this to my dealer and they were very surprised to hear such a thing.airstream support finally admitted to me personally that they are working with manufacturer to resolve the issues. Dealership is totally clueless.
I will be asking for compensation for not haveing cable to my projection tv on a 60 day trip up north. Also factory installed my ac and heat motors in reverse and gave me the wrong software version for my firefly. Not a good start. Also put a 6 gouge in my rear panel which will take a 2 weeks to replace. Not a good start
Airstream130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:33 PM   #3
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

At least on the 30' the awning works pretty well. There *is* a level of rain that will get to it if you keep it out. There also is a level of wind that will rip it off the side of the trailer. In normal drizzle / light rain - no real problems.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:59 PM   #4
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Bottom line is that the automatic Zip-Dee awnings simply don't tilt very much. I have a 30' and it has a hard time shedding water. The old mechanical ones tilted much more.

Its a design thing, you cannot get them to tilt more than a few degrees - its due to a limitation of the software on the control board. Your dealer nor airstream will be able to do anything about it.

On a 25' it's not as big of a deal because the distance is shorted and as a result they get more degrees of tilt - but on a 33' I would not leave the canopy open during the rain. This is what airstream's official stance is on the matter (it is a sun share, not designed to be used in the rain).
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote