I have a saga that I am dealing with that began last summer when my then two year old patio awning started to unravel at the seam by the door. I called Linda at Zip Dee and was told that there was nothing that they could do and that I should go to a sail maker.
We have a repair tech in South Florida - Greg Blue - who will remove and replace awning fabric. So, I called him to get the awning off. (You should know that we live in our 350LE full-time but don't take it off the pad.) He called ZD and had Linda agree to take in the fabric and re-sew it at no charge. Yippe - right .....WRONG!
The fabric was sent to ZD by Greg in October. I kept calling to get a status and was finally told in late November that ZD was not able to sew the fabric as it fell apart and so they sent it into Sunbrella for analysis. More waiting! Then I was told that the analysis would still take another couple of weeks but I could buy a new patio awning for half price. I said I would wait since the warranty is 3 years.
It is now Jan of 08 and I called Sunbrella to get an understanding of how long the analysis would take only to find out that my fabric was never sent to them! The word I got was that Jim (Pres of ZD) had it on his desk and forgot to send it. Yikes!
Jump to Feb 4 and I call ZD again. Word is now that Sunbrella doesn't know what happened to the fabric but would replace it at no charge. All of my other awnings were new at the same time as the patio. So, I talked to Linda about replacing all of the awnings and ZD agreed to give me a 33% discount on the other three. So nice ... but I am thinking that they could have gone to bat for me and gotten Sunbrella to supply fabric for all of the awnings. Do you agree? Well it is water under the bridge at this point since I did buy the new awnings.
Now I am trying to find someone who is willing to put them on in a timely fashion. Greg has personnel challenges and time conflicts with his full-time job and family obligations. He has said he would see if he could find someone to help on a Sat or Sun but not until after the Fl State Rally....more waiting.
I emailed Lew and he is willing to help but can't get to me until after the snowbirds leave at the end of March or early April. More waiting...
Does anyone have a contact in Southwest Florida that might be able to do the work in February?
In the meantime, I will continue to wait...