RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-22-2010, 07:03 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member
 
Agoura Hills , California
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4WEDI View Post
It's "Kancamagus"............and it's beautiful !

Kancamagus Highway New Hampshire - NH (Kangamagus or Kangamangus Highway)


I haven't been there since 92, I'm lucky to remember it at all! It was beautiful and since all the leaves had pretty much hit the ground there wasn't anyone else around...we went into North Conway and had dinner at (if I can remember correctly) a Scottish restaurant, really good!
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member
 
2001 19' Bambi
Ashland , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 100
I was pretty keyed up about the Add-a-Room but put off by the expense. We're going to set up a tent as close as possible to the trailer and see how that works for us. It won't be perfect but it's worth a try, as we already have the tent and it was about a hundred bux.
Kathleenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:55 AM   #23
Rivet Master
 
DaveFL's Avatar
 
2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,488
Images: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleenh View Post
I was pretty keyed up about the Add-a-Room but put off by the expense. We're going to set up a tent as close as possible to the trailer and see how that works for us. It won't be perfect but it's worth a try, as we already have the tent and it was about a hundred bux.
When we traveled with gkids the boys loved the pup tent, we set it up under the awning, kept them relatively dry and gma's peace of mind.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member
 
2012 22' FB Sport
Huntsville , Alabama
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5
Images: 4
Blog Entries: 3
Kathleenh, what did you decide about your add-a-room? My husband and I are wanting to get one for our (yet to be delivered) Sport 22FB. We have 2 dogs we'd like to give a little breathing room to and this seems like a good start. Thanks,
Emily
MikeandEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #25
Short Gal with a Big F250
 
Pinky65's Avatar
 
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 46
Since this is an awning related question, I hope it's cool to post it here (new to all this).

I am traveling solo in my new trailer (mostly) and being 5'2 I am having a heck of a time with the awning. Just not tall enough to have the height and upper body strength to pull and lock it all into place.

Does anybody know if Zipdee now has an Automatic awning for the Airstream? Was thinking I might check those out for the Entry side of the trailer, and see if the original awning could be installed on the other side.

Thoughts? Thanks everybody!
Pinky65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #26
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,497
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky65 View Post
Since this is an awning related question, I hope it's cool to post it here (new to all this).

I am traveling solo in my new trailer (mostly) and being 5'2 I am having a heck of a time with the awning. Just not tall enough to have the height and upper body strength to pull and lock it all into place.

Does anybody know if Zipdee now has an Automatic awning for the Airstream? Was thinking I might check those out for the Entry side of the trailer, and see if the original awning could be installed on the other side.

Thoughts? Thanks everybody!
Zip Dee awnings have a center strap, along with about a 3 foor long rod with a hook on the end of it.

That rod is used to hook the strap, and then pull out the awning.

That would work perfect for you.

Yes, there is automatics, but very expensive.

Andy
__________________
Andy Rogozinski
Inland RV Center
Corona, CA
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #27
Short Gal with a Big F250
 
Pinky65's Avatar
 
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 46
Hey Andy:

Yep - that's the kind I have. And with a 3 step ladder and 15 minutes, I can struggle solo with the thing and still have trouble getting it up and down, due to the height and upper body strength required to pull/set the tension arms.

How expensive is expensive on an automatic one? And could the one I have be mounted on the other side of the Eddie Bauer?

Thanks - Pinky
Pinky65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #28
Rivet Puller
 
SeeMore's Avatar
 
2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,611
Images: 3
Pinky - have you watched this video? It takes all the extraneous effort out of the process:

SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #29
Short Gal with a Big F250
 
Pinky65's Avatar
 
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 46
Excellent! Some very helpful tips on here that the dealer didn't tell me. Appreciate it very much.
Pinky65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #30
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,497
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky65 View Post
Hey Andy:

Yep - that's the kind I have. And with a 3 step ladder and 15 minutes, I can struggle solo with the thing and still have trouble getting it up and down, due to the height and upper body strength required to pull/set the tension arms.

How expensive is expensive on an automatic one? And could the one I have be mounted on the other side of the Eddie Bauer?

Thanks - Pinky
I can't answer your question until I get back to my office, September 15th.

I don't take my catalogs etc, with me when I visit Hawaii.

But, you can ask Linda at Zip Dee, # 800-3382378.

Mahalo.

Andy
__________________
Andy Rogozinski
Inland RV Center
Corona, CA
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
add AC? AV8 Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning 13 03-29-2012 04:36 PM
add-on AC thermostat 2dogtraveler Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning 3 08-28-2009 07:38 PM
What Did You Add......? pilgrim On The Road... 19 12-20-2007 09:08 PM
Add-A-Screened room bgarrison Full-Timing 2 08-11-2007 04:12 PM
Want to add b/room reading lamp Cedars General Interior Topics 3 10-01-2005 06:12 AM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.