Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Cleaning, Stripping & Polishing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 09:48 AM   #41
2 Rivet Member

melbourne
Good day:
With all due respect- he did say that you were wanting to make money off it in the future, and that he never asked for a penny of profit, and was already willing to lose the shipping $ but wanted the line drawn there. He said there were 10 people who had contacted him regarding selling it, but chose you because you wanted to do it as a business. That being the case- I tend to believe him- he really never asked for anything- did he?

I distinctly remember him having over a dozen vintage trailers- doesn't sound like he cares about the change too much- he's more upset at the situation from the people who he proved wrong who pushed his buttons.

I'm not going to get in the middle of this- if you made a deal with him, you should probably honor it. Is it possible that you forgot- he was pretty sure of his offer that was described? Cheers. Peter
Old 03-31-2004, 10:08 AM   #42

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I am trying to honor the deal we made. I kept careful records, and know how much we agreed on. He disagrees. I will pay him what I owe him. I don't think paying him the whole amount would make him any happier, at least the email he sent me certainly left no indication of that.

Old 03-31-2004, 10:13 AM   #43
Very american 4 a french

1971 27' Overlander
DUNKERQUE / FRANCE , Nord
My 2 €cents

Hi there;

Not to do a polemic with TT but all I can say about Stephanie is you can trust in her honesty ; Why ??

As , I supose, most of you know,that I' m french ; I've ordered her the famous SS for my A/S ( I haven't try to polish at this date...) and there was no problem, at all ,for this international transaction except, the next time, I'll choose priority mail instead of surface, only for the delay.
Lot of emails between us to reassure me about shipping delay and the bottles arrived in good conditions with all details that stephanie told me.
If she had told me, she has sent the bottles, and , in reality not, She certainly knew it'was impossible, for me, from FRANCE, to do something against her... Ok the amount was'nt too high but there is not small profits if you are dishonest.

And you can trust in Steph.

About Saint Tropez, qqq, I hope not meeting a guy who want to distroy all the A/S, even if my campground is not at the nudish beach, as you know...

Bruno.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:42 PM   #44
2 Rivet Member

melbourne
All is well and hopefully ends well-

Good day all,

Got a mail from TT, and it says that he was away in Europe and stefroberts was unable to get his info and the whole thing was just dragged out- he never did accuse anyone of anything- just that he was not paid and he wasn't too concerned. He said once he gave her the info she paid immediately and that there was no problem.

In the meantime- I had looked back at the thread linked by Smily in post 18 of this thread, and found the figures in that post- he paid for the SS $135.00 USD for a case, and had agreed with stef that she'd take $4 USD for each bottle and return him the money- pretty cut and dry, as well as generous to let us sample it. (I got mine elsewhere and paid more.)

Smily also posted in #20 that a trailer was polished with SS and was swirled badly- I asked about that and he replied that "if it was TBKP's OL- that part was done by Nuvite and the small roof section, with no swirls, was done with SS" and that Tim would agree.

All that being said, with the new polishing season coming up, hopefully stef will be able to move the product she says she has left and possibly more.

I suppose as time went by, and as he is no longer here that certain Chicago residents felt that all of us had forgotten what went on, and how the lie started and ended. TT went out and proved that this stuff is fast, cheap, and easy- others bought it and posted spot results that were equally impressive, and they STILL insist on pushing a lie that was proven to be what it was.

Has ANYONE hired airstreamcaravel to perform a duplicate of the 2 month long polishing process he showed here last year?

Does ANYONE wish to pay a novice to polish for the same price as the folks at Airmark who use professional equipment? And have the job take 7 times longer?

Is there a reason why we have to have this person attacked further, after he was kicked out for telling the truth and trying to show an alternative means to polish- one that I've found to work great?

Lets leave the man alone, and if you're not making a living at it, please find another way to try and advertise- this doesn't seem to be working for you.

I'll end this post by simply saying that I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that the wrong party was banned from this forum.

Cheers, and thanks. Peter
Old 04-07-2004, 11:52 PM   #45
qqq
4 Rivet Member

AustreamPete

Are you TT undercover ?
If not, it must be love

Ron
Old 04-08-2004, 12:17 AM   #46
4 Rivet Member

Just to clarify ....

It was a less than two week process to polish the Safari (about 70 hours).

The whole mess started with a simple statement that I (we) and(Chitownairsteam) felt that Nuvite and cyclo is the tried, proven, and preferred method of polishing (After using SS). It was at this point that TT and Chitown ... exchanged some heated PM's and (from what I heard direct from the source) there was threats made to Chitown (ie "I know where you live"). I was right there watching this whole unfortunate mess play out.

TT was booted, Chitown was not. I put my faith in our moderators that they saw enough definative misconduct on the part of one of the parties to take that action.

Obviously opinions are like A**H*les .... Everyone has one.
I stand on we should all be able to agree to disagree, without threats arguements and continuous nasty comments about TT, Chitownairstream, or myself. Come on people give it a break already!! Can't we find something better to yak on and on about?? This whole neverending saga was so last summer.

My 11 y/o's wisdom applies well here:

Cry me a river ... Build me a bridge ... get over it!!

Hire Airmark ... use SS ... wet sand .... use rolite .... use nuvite ....
Life is not for complaint but for satisfaction .... find your satisfaction and be content with your choices ... the heck with others opinions.

Enjoy your Airstream whenever, where ever, polished, or not, life is too short
for such debate. I would think the goal of this forum is to help build each others experience and abilites up, not make accusations, threats, or negative comments, to or about each other.

Peace?

DMC
Old 04-08-2004, 12:33 AM   #47
2 Rivet Member

melbourne
caravel-
your point is well taken, but your posts 17 and 19 above are redundant considering the proof was posted and the lies you folks started are on your backs- no one elses.
I watched that whole thing unravel, and Chi-stream was more the aggressor, IMO. I remember that you tried it by hand and quickly tried to switch us over, and that your thread and progress was a 2 month ordeal.
q- I've watched a lot of your posts- don't you have a life? you poke at most everyone here with snips and jabs. please be nice.
Cheers. Peter
Old 04-08-2004, 12:45 AM   #48
4 Rivet Member

Liar??

Petey,

Please show me proof of ANY lies that I am responsible for.

Also please view http://www.airforums.com/forum...ead.php?t=5035 and refresh your memory.

And shoot ... I did the work ... I think I would know better than you how long it took.

I am confused as to what your agenda is here ... Is there any productive goal that would benefit this community by continuing this?

DMC
Old 04-08-2004, 01:20 AM   #49
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Exclamation Hey guys...

How about we let this go now? There is no good that can come from the direction this thread is headed...

Thanks

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
Closed Thread