Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Cleaning, Stripping & Polishing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-02-2014, 08:59 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
2003 25' Classic
Anacortes , Washington
Wash Wax All on Airstream exterior

Well, we are back after almost 5 years in "motorhome land" (Foretravel U295, 36'). We sold it last week and bought a 19' Bambi to meet our RVing needs.

One thing I learned while using the motorhome, which was painted, was that Wash Wax All was a wonderful cleaner and light wax for the exterior. Supposedly it was developed for aircraft finishes (sold my Aero Cosmetics), so I would think it would also be good for my AS. It is great for removing light dust and grim.... just spray it on and wipe off with a microfiber cloth. It works amazingly well. I typically washed my motorhome twice a year and it always looked great. Has anyone else used it on an AS? Any feedback would be appreciated.

George

ghatfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:33 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1948 22' Liner
1989 34' Limited
long beach , Mississippi
I know this is an older post , but I have started using wash wax all on my vehicles and I'd does a great job . Anybody here has experience on using It on polished aluminum ?

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Resurrecting one Airstream at the time..
maybe one day i save them all
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:57 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
An older post-
I am wondering why the change from a 36' diesel pusher to a 19' trailer?
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
This is an older thread but I two round be interested in knowing more about this stuff

Thanks
Doug

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 11-12-2014, 11:19 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
2003 25' Classic
Anacortes , Washington
I don't use Wash Wax All on our Bambi

It has been awhile since I posted the question about 'Wash Wax All." I used it a lot on our motorhome, but it had a painted exterior. I'd use it on the motorhome without a pre-wash and it worked like a charm. It looked like new even though it was over 10 years old. See attached pic just after a Wash Wax All cleaning. I would only wash the motorhome when it got really dirty, which wasn't often even though we put on about 9000 miles per year. Why did we sell it?... because we had it for 5 years and someone actually called me and wanted to buy it! How often does that happen in the RV world. The Bambi is not a substitute for the Foretravel. I tell people that the Foretravel was to a home as the Bambi is to a tent. We just use it to travel to the NW each summer and for occasional short trips. By the way, there is no comparing the Foretravel build quality with our Bambi. There is a huge difference. I must say I am disappointed in the build quality of the Airstream.

I really don't think I can use Wash Wax All on the Bambi (2006) like I used it on the motorhome. I'm concerned that I'll damage the surface if I don't wash it first. I've become a believer in Walbernize and I apply it with a spray bottle. Works like a charm and does not use as much as when I applied it with a cloth. Of course I wash it first. It seems to provide a good protective layer and looks good. I still use the Wash Wax All on our Jeep.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	passenger side sm.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	398.2 KB
ID:	226406  

ghatfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 03:39 PM   #6

1991 29' Excella
Roseburg , Oregon
I have A 92 29 foot airstream trailer that desperately needs to be stripped and refinished on the outside. Can anyone recommend A reliable source for this project in Oregon or southern Washington. My age and health prevent
me from undertaking this project myself. Thank you for any help you can give. Jim
Jim Ellison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:51 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
Reese , Michigan
Wash/wax in one also

We have owned our 1973 safari for 15 years and an all in one wash/wax is all I use-- I have some walbernize that I won at a rally and may one day use it. I use a long handled wash brush and of course use horizontal brush strokes to not scratch in a direction that goes against the mill finish of the outside of our old girl. I do not have to dry either the trailer or the tow vehicle just micro-towel the chrome as it just dries-- we have city water, that may help with no water spotting-- along with the wash/wax. The front at the top is starting to bald/peel like most of it's age do, about 10 years ago a rear panel was damaged and replaced--$3500.00 worth of repair, and no one ever say's they can see the difference compared to the rest of the panels. I'm not particular of brand names, just finishing kit brand, have meguires on hand, on sale is why a different brand. Bottom line--works for me!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	puastrm.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	571.0 KB
ID:	235408   Click image for larger version

Name:	57port c.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	235409  

Name:	ptcoldhippies.jpg