Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member

1961 28' Ambassador
1975 31' Excella 500
Bladensburg , Ohio
Lookin' good!

I am eagerly awaiting the time I can start buying my equipment and starting the shine!

Just filed my taxes today - so shouldn't be too much longer now.

The below link has some nameplates, but not the one you're looking for (I don't think so at least):

Airstream Nameplates
61Ambassador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:18 PM   #42
4 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Scottsdale , Southwest
Monday am update... We were awaken this morning early to the sounds of rain down pouring on our roof. Not usually a big deal but our Airstream is stripped down and open to leaks. Not good. It rarely rains in Phoenix then it decides to rain while were polishing So out we went with plastic in the middle of the night to cover her up. Good new is no water inside we caught it early enough. phew.
NicheVintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:19 PM   #43
4 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Scottsdale , Southwest
Oh I forgot the best part it has now stopped raining and we are going to work on polishing some more this afternoon.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:42 PM   #44
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Johnson City , on the road
Now you got it nothing like a fresh polish on a Airstream to make the day. When we did ours we tryed different tec's now we only use Jesco bars to compound than finish with S grade and a Porter orbit, our 31et took 120hrs plus, now we are using s grade this week to get the 6,500 miles of summer weather off. then we use Lowe's truck box polish to finish off good for a year. Now in-between we use liquid glass with a micro fiber towel to clean up durning travels our travel blog shows the trailer and trips Vintage travelers safe travels Charles Rondie & Juno
scorpiontimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #45
4 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Scottsdale , Southwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiontimo View Post
Now you got it nothing like a fresh polish on a Airstream to make the day. When we did ours we tryed different tec's now we only use Jesco bars to compound than finish with S grade and a Porter orbit, our 31et took 120hrs plus, now we are using s grade this week to get the 6,500 miles of summer weather off. then we use Lowe's truck box polish to finish off good for a year. Now in-between we use liquid glass with a micro fiber towel to clean up durning travels our travel blog shows the trailer and trips Vintage travelers safe travels Charles Rondie & Juno
Scorpiontimo, I googled Liquid Glass and got a few options. Which one do you use?

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:38 PM   #46
4 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Scottsdale , Southwest
Just thought I would share a quick update we are now 32 hours into our polishing project and have finished step one gray bar on the rear and al of the curbside to the door. We are going to now go back and red bar it the cyclo then move onto the street side. Oh such fun. Funny side note Shawn is now having nightmares about it getting scratched. He said we will have to be cautious about where we camp. I said babe relax it will all be alright. If it scratches we can always re cyclo worst case.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:48 AM   #47
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Johnson City , on the road
One thing a mistake I make and Rondie always gets on me for it don't just look at results up close while polishing you will see every flaw and go crazy trying to get it out stand back every so often look at finish from all sides from 5 ft and 10 ft away you will see how good it looks depending on the body you started with you will never get it perfect remember how old it is some scratches are earned and give character and you may always have a bit of discolor like fogging but as a whole it will be just beautiful I changed up this week for I found some fogging on mine went crazy and got out the old gray bar and started to re compound and than back to S grade for polish got most of them little fogies its like starting over I do polish work on the side for some air streamers and had very good results but mine is never done think I will always find a spot to rework.Oh I gave you the wrong cleaner it is called Invisible Glass by stoner it also has a rain repellent work awesome get it through wallmarts and I think auto zone carries it the old stuff liquid glass I use to use than I could not find it anymore so I found this stuff I think it works better it cleans up right after I use the S grade also use it between polishes during the year will put up some new pic's of trailer latter this week after the snow on Wed Charles Sean & Rondie & Juno
scorpiontimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:22 AM   #48
2 Rivet Member

1963 22' Safari
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Anybody tried this stuff?

Sharkhide
BabyBoomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:04 PM   #49
Rivet Master

2022 25' International
Savage , Minnesota