Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Cleaning, Stripping & Polishing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-22-2021, 12:08 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
1953 17' Clipper
Mendon , Vermont
polishing out road salt damage

I spent three weeks in November 2020 traveling from the North East coast to Montana and back with my 1953 Airstream Clipper.

Much of the weather was nasty and cold on the way home, and the trailer was coated with a thick layer of brown ice. I had no where to wash it off, as the campgrounds where I stayed had no running water.

I last polished it about ten years ago, and was hoping to go over it again this spring, but this job is going to be much more involved that I had hoped. The shine still shows from a distance, but up close, there are gray\black spots everywhere!

I would appreciate any suggestions and advice!!!!
pinktrailer is offline   Reply With Quote