Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Cleaning, Stripping & Polishing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-24-2009, 08:29 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1971 31' Sovereign
1967 22' Safari
1958 22' World Traveler
Pardeeville , Wisconsin
Has Anyone Used 'Bad Dog' Polish?

I first came across the Bad Dog Aluminum Polish product on YouTube. Since the company is in Green Bay, WI, I was hoping that PERHAPS they'd be at the Int'l Rally to answer some questions; no such luck. It almost looks too easy, which makes me a bit apprehensive. But they demonstrate using it on semis, wheels, etc., which I have to think get a lot more abuse than our "babies" do.

Here's the link: Bad Dog Aluminum Polish: Polishes I'd love to hear if anyone has ever actually used it! If not, I may be willing to buy the first bottle and be the guinea pig.

Thanks all!!
WBCCI #10917
AIR #32349
TAC #WI-2
aircooled4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1971 31' Sovereign
1967 22' Safari
1958 22' World Traveler
Pardeeville , Wisconsin
Ok, apparently no one has used it yet; no responses.

Has anyone even HEARD of this stuff? Can anyone think of a reason it may be harmful or why we shouldn't try out?
WBCCI #10917
AIR #32349
TAC #WI-2
Old 08-24-2009, 08:34 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1966 30' Sovereign
1963 22' Safari
orlando , Florida
I've never heard of or used BAD DOG,but I can say this from my own experience,they all work to some degree.NUVITE is superior stuff.Not cheap & used on expensive aircraft.
richie rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:44 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1971 31' Sovereign
1967 22' Safari
1958 22' World Traveler
Pardeeville , Wisconsin
Thanks Rich. I've heard of the Nuvite, and wondered if anyone had tried this in comparison. It might be worth it to order a small bottle and see what happens. Could be interesting!! :P
WBCCI #10917
AIR #32349
TAC #WI-2
Old 08-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #5

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
We see new polishes come along frequently. In my understanding, there are a number of polishes available at truck stops that are all basically the same product, repackaged for different markets.

The main problem with these polishes is that they will give you an easy surface polish, but the shine will go away faster because it didn't give you a 'deep' polish like the high-end products. So in the end, you can go around the trailer once with an easy polish and do it again in six months, or go around once with a deeper polish and not have to do it again for a longer period, or maybe do a lighter 'maintenance' polish job on it.

If you look up some of the older polishing threads you'll see some good examples of this. I tried it out myself on my battery compartment door. Part of my trailer was done with Nuvite, and it is still shiny. Where I did the compartment door you couldn't even tell I did anything to it within a few months.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
San Luis Obispo , California
Bad Dog Polish and Metal Wax

I figured I was smarter than the average Bear and could do my polishing easier and better with products other than Nuvite. As usual, I had to learn the hard way. I tried both the Mad Dog and the Metal Wax products. They both had great claims of how good their products are. All it did was cost me money and time. My 1966 Overlander is very corroded. I bought the Nuvite products through Vintage Trailer Supply and still was not satisfied until I got the F9 and finally have something that cut through the corrosion to where I can see a shine. I have a long ways to go but if you have anything more than light corrosion, go with the Nuvite products.
slofoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #7

1955 16' Bubble
hesperia , California
how did your bad dog polish work out?
chuck landry is offline   Reply With Quote