Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Cleaning, Stripping & Polishing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-10-2018, 01:39 PM   #1

1987 25' Sovereign
Ashland , Oregon
Going to Oasis RV Tuscon for exterior work

Anything I should know? Reviews look great, Richard seems to know what he's talking about on an exterior clean up and weather proof, am I missing anything? Thanks
rc30boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:32 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
Tucson , Arizona
Watch out!!

My experience with Oasis of Tucson was anything but positive. Richard does know his Airstreams but he works alone so he has to take care of customers that come to the back for work. He bounces from trailer to trailer & you pay the time.I saw it in person,stood right there. Make sure you get a accurate estimate. VERY important. Told me $600.00,700.00 Maybe $800.00 2 full days of work removing generator from rear of 30' excella. I took it home was charged $90.00 for 15 minutes,did nothing. Wasn,t sure how to do it so I thought i would give them a shot.I had it out in 2 hours.Knowing nothing.
Again,be VERY carefull here, accurate description.
Never again.

Good luck.
winston10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:16 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Tucson , Arizona
I use Oasis RV for our AS Motorhome. Richard is awesome and does great work. I did have an issue with costs on one visit, when I discussed it with the owner, we negotiated a 'fair deal'.

I will continue to use them for the "Coach" part of our AS. They don't do any engine/mechanical work.

Todd
Toddnazus is offline   Reply With Quote