Originally Posted by ts8501
So if stripping is resolved with RemovAll220 or Citristrip (no acid washes please), what are the options for coating and protecting? Are there options other than new Plasticoat/Clearcoat/Mirror Polishing or Painting? I am not interested in a mirror shine, nor in painting, nor re-coating with the same Clearcoat/Plasitcoat. Is there a "natural" coating available that lasts longer and is easier to apply than what A/S coated mine in as new (early '90's era)?
The most recent Clear coat, is a 2 part mixture.
It basically lasts 5 to 6 years as well.
There is "no" other product that you can use.
Automotive clear is designed to adhere to paint, not raw metal.
You have several choices.
1. Re clear coat the trailer.
2. Paint the trailer metallic silver, using primer etc.
3. Strip the trailer and polish it, but you must wax it once a month.
4. Strip the trailer, polish it, reapply clear coat.
5. Wear very dark sun glasses, so you don't see the problem.
6. Have another beer and forget the whole thing.
There is no known simple easy way.