Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Cleaning, Stripping & Polishing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-20-2019, 11:50 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Jim Falls , Wisconsin
Aero Cosmetics Wet and Waterless Car wash and wax

I used Walbenizer on my AS in the past. It does a decent job, but it seems like there was always a residue. And to apply it and let dry takes a really long time. I was just searching the internet for something different and came across this product: Aero Cosmetic Wet or Waterless Car Wash and Wax. It works great.

1). It does a great job of cleaning! If you have a bunch of bugs in an area spray it on and leave it set for awhile. The bugs come off very easily with a rag.
2). It leaves a great shine as it cleans. In other words you don’t have to clean and then wax.
3). If there is heavy dirt on the AS (mud) then you have to spray wash that off. But after that just spray, rub with a damp rag, then wipe with a dry rag.

What is nice is you can clean and wax in one shot. Just use a spray bottle and a terry cloth. Highly recommend it.

Great for your car as well. And it will work on a variety of surfaces.
Daquenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 04:04 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 27' International
Sherwood Park , Alberta
Great tip. There are a number of these products out there that do a pretty good job of putting a shine on your AS. But be aware that they do not protect as well, or last as long, as a good wax product, like Walbernize, which was specifically made for the finish on the AS. Water still beads off my AS 6 months after I apply it.

My experience with the waterless wash and wax products is they will last several weeks, a month maybe, depending on the weather and how often I wash the AS. A couple of washes and a few days rain after applying and it does not bead up nearly as much, a sure sign it is disappearing.
thewarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 04:37 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Jim Falls , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewarden View Post
Great tip. There are a number of these products out there that do a pretty good job of putting a shine on your AS. But be aware that they do not protect as well, or last as long, as a good wax product, like Walbernize, which was specifically made for the finish on the AS. Water still beads off my AS 6 months after I apply it.

My experience with the waterless wash and wax products is they will last several weeks, a month maybe, depending on the weather and how often I wash the AS. A couple of washes and a few days rain after applying and it does not bead up nearly as much, a sure sign it is disappearing.
The wax portion will last about 4 to 6 months. Which is a little less than Walbernize does. It is recommended that every 6 months to wax the AS shell. I may still put the Walbernize on it, but it just takes longer. And I don’t like the residue it leaves behind. It took me about 40 minutes for me to clean and wax my 28’ AS. And it was fairly easy.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:28 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
mcdonough , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daquenzer View Post
I used Walbenizer on my AS in the past. It does a decent job, but it seems like there was always a residue. And to apply it and let dry takes a really long time. I was just searching the internet for something different and came across this product: Aero Cosmetic Wet or Waterless Car Wash and Wax. It works great.

1). It does a great job of cleaning! If you have a bunch of bugs in an area spray it on and leave it set for awhile. The bugs come off very easily with a rag.

2). It leaves a great shine as it cleans. In other words you don’t have to clean and then wax.

3). If there is heavy dirt on the AS (mud) then you have to spray wash that off. But after that just spray, rub with a damp rag, then wipe with a dry rag.

What is nice is you can clean and wax in one shot. Just use a spray bottle and a terry cloth. Highly recommend it.

I also have used Aero Cosmetics Wash Wax All on our Airstream and vehicles for the past 2 yrs and other RV’s before that. It works great and we also use their line of leather cleaner. [ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0560.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	308.3 KB
ID:	354625  
ksteve06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:37 AM   #5
Married with Airstream

2004 25' International CCD
Vancouver Island , British Columbia
Living in rainy British Columbia Canada, I would need to find a Miracle Wax to move me from Walbernize. I have even thought about using it on the old F-150
2013 F-150HD FX4 SuperCrew Lariart (MaxTow) "Red Dragon"
drbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:38 AM   #6
Stay CazuaL

2018 25' Flying Cloud
2014 19' Flying Cloud
Reseda , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daquenzer View Post

Ok, so how much you getting paid to say that? I'll say the same thing too.
*Virtual campfire at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Airs...dictsforAdults
cazual6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:47 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Lewisville , Texas
I have been using this kit for a year and a half, I think it works great!

http://https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006AFAWYI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
NO NOIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:20 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewarden View Post

I believe a little misunderstanding as to walbernize was made for AS. I used many years ago when first came on market when blue coral simoniz & other waxes were popular & long before became popular for use on AS. I agree it is a very good wax for all rvs, cars, trucks.
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:15 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO NOIZE View Post
I have been using this kit for a year and a half, I think it works great!

http://https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006AFAWYI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That's a lot of money!
Old 10-21-2019, 02:16 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by featherbedder View Post
I believe a little misunderstanding as to walbernize was made for AS. I used many years ago when first came on market when blue coral simoniz & other waxes were popular & long before became popular for use on AS. I agree it is a very good wax for all rvs, cars, trucks.
I think it's because people think Wally made Walbernize.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:23 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
I've always Walbernized in the spring and again at the end of the season. November through May the AS is stored in our barn.

For whatever reason I didn't do it before I put it away last year, I just washed it. This year when I took it out and washed it, water was still beading. So I just Walbernized the front since it bears the brunt of bugs and stuff.

When I washed it to put it away last week, water was still beading all over the trailer. Sure it beaded more on the front, but it was fine elsewhere too.

So based on this, I think Walbernizing once a year is all I need to do, with a few washes thrown in.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:31 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2016 27' International
Sherwood Park , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by featherbedder View Post
Yes, I misspoke when I said it was made for Airstream. Although, according to Walbernize, they offer products for any RV with a special emphasis on Airstreams.
thewarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:42 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Japser , Georgia
I've been using Aero Cosmetics Waterless RV Aircraft Boat Wash Wax for years on my airplane. Since we got our trailer last year I've been using it often on the trailer and it works great. Just cleaned it yesterday after it sat at the dealer for 2 months under an Oak Tree with acorns all over the top getting the awning fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1453.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	517.1 KB
ID:	354712  
Jasper, GA (North of Atlanta)
garypilot55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:16 PM   #14
:SPACE A" S/O 11 Air19745

2006 34' Classic S/O
Fort Worth , Texas
I have used Walbernize for 15 seasons x 2 and still have no filiform corrosion.
Spray on and wipe off with micro fiber towels.
guskmg
guskmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:29 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Jim Falls , Wisconsin
Walbernize is a product like anything else. It was not made specifically for Airstreams. I'm not saying it won't do the job. I did it twice on my AS and it clearly worked. BUT I don't like the residue that Walbernize leaves.

I used it on my pickup and I won't use it again on my vehicles. If I could show you pictures I would (the residue is now gone), but it was awful. When I got done with it and it rained there were white spots all over my running boards from the run off of the residue. I have since waxed my pickup with something else to get rid of the residue. Still have problems with white residue on my running boards though. Over time it is getting worn off.

So I am thinking is that residue on the Airstream. That's why I looked for a different product. Nothing sacrosanct about Walbernize.

Aero wash and wax is a different kind of product. And what I like is no residue! You can tell because if you miss wiping it there are not white spots. And it is made specifically for the use on airplane aluminum.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:31 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Jim Falls , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazual6 View Post
Ok, so how much you getting paid to say that? I'll say the same thing too.
Really? You are going there?
Old 10-22-2019, 03:39 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
+1 for me too! Bought a small aero to try out and was so amazed that I bought the gallon! I've tried many variations and they all do the same job, but this one does it better and easier, for almost 3 years now Washing, waxing and cleaning in general is my happy place and after reading this makes me want to wash and wax again lol.
It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. The importance of that expression doubles in significance if you made the conscious decision to "go without it" and then ended up needing it.
EarStreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:54 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Lewisville , Texas
This video shows the Aero Cosmetics "Mop" that makes application very easy.

https://youtu.be/1mSbRbTVGts
NO NOIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 05:34 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Newberg , Oregon
I use the aero, and I think it works great. After driving from Portland to KY, I used it on the trailer and truck and got numerous comments from people in the carravan that our rig looked outstanding. When it’s gone I’ll buy more.

Mike
WBCCI #3960
2019 F150 ecoboost
Caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 09:17 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Gold Canyon , Arizona
Wash and Wax Outstanding Product

I could not agree more on the merits and value of Wash and Wax. It is extremely effective and has held up very well to the sun and heat of the Arizona Desert. Check out their products at https://washwax.com/ and note you can also get them on Amazon. I use their "mop" on my safari and it too works great. Use the micro fiber rags and be careful how you wash and dry them. Again very easy to use, works great, and very good value. Aka bang for the buck. And oh by the way I don't work for Aero Cosmetics.