Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2022, 10:11 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Exclamation Adventures in Airstream polishing

(Names have been altered)

I contacted Robert (names have been altered) based on a message offering polishing services on Facebook, as I recall. He quoted me $100 a linear foot. We agreed that this included the stock aluminum rims and the aluminum propane tanks.

The first time I met him face-to-face, he was sitting in the back seat of a police patrol vehicle with his hands handcuffed behind his back. He begged me to take care of his dog, which graciously offered to eat my face in return (the poor thing was scared to death!)

I had no place to care for the dog, so I begged off.

Finally, he managed to get out of jail and contacted me again. The next month was a continuing drama of "I got kicked out of my shop because of my dog," "That lady is looking at me!", "I'm sleeping in my van," "Your trailer is so hard to polish!", and "I should have an awning and a shop to do this!"

Finally, he decided that our price no longer included the tanks and rims. Fortunately, I haven't paid him the full amount - and I won't.

This is in the metro Phoenix area. Be careful who you hook up with here!
Old 05-23-2022, 05:05 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2020 25' Globetrotter
Hillsdale , New York
That first meeting should have been the warning.

I like to try and believe in people, but I also believe there are some bad people out there to be avoided.

SPP
SlowPokePete is offline   Reply With Quote