Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-14-2003, 12:10 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Unhappy Wrench Sizes

So as not to overload with unnecessary tools, please advise as to metric or inch sizes for socket and lug wrenches. And what specific size lug wrench do you suggest for the new 22' International AS?
rmmm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 01:05 PM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Tools

I carry a 4-way lug wrench that has stayed with me through 4 different RV trailers and two sailboat trailers. I like the 4-way wrench because it is easy to get plenty of torque to remove a stubborn lug nut without the danger of butchering the nut with a typical lug wrench that tends to twist crooked.

As for other tools, I carry one of the tool assortments that is fitted into a plastic case with both English and metric sizes. The kit rides nicely on the hump under the back seat of my truck. The tools are not real high quality, but for emergency use they are plenty satisfactory. My wife bought me the kit at Pep Boys as a birthday present. Sears has some very nice similar kits.

I also carry a 12v compressor, a tire gage, a box of throwaway gloves, and a plastic box that has a crimping tool, longnose pliers, test light, electrical tape, and an assortment of wire splices and wire taps.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote