Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2022, 02:59 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

​2020 Atlas​
Hilton Head Island , South Carolina
Winegard satellite antenna and dish network

We recently purchased a 2020 Airstream Atlas that was already equipped with a Winegard Road trip T4 Satellite TV Antenna, a DISH Wally Receiver and a Monoprice Blackbird 4K 4x2 HDMI Matrix.

Problem is, I can't get a TV signal. I was on the phone with DISH for about an hour trying to troubleshoot. No go. Everything seems to be hooked up correctly...

Camping World can't help. John's RV, the Airstream dealer in SC was sold and all the personnel quit. They can't even look at anything until September, earliest. I have called area Custom Audio Dealers and they can't help either.

Does anyone have experience with this system and MAYBE give me an idea of what I need to do? This has been going on for over a month. I am so frustrated....Thanks.
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 05:32 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2021 30' Globetrotter
Oviedo , Florida
I could probably help if I were able to see the setup in person. Let me ask, can you hear any noise coming from the dish thru your roof when it is powered up? Are there any powe switches inside to turn on? If the Wally power light comes on and you switch the HDMI inputs on your tv to the correct one (whichever that may be) you should at least see the screen from the Wally. If not, the problem may be in your hdmi switches.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 09:07 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1977 31' Excella 500
West Sacramento , California
Winegard satellite antenna and dish network

I was given a brand new Carryout G3 and was told they were never able to get it to work so they bought another unit that was mounted on the roof. It turned out that it was missing the power inserter, which I purchased from Winegard and it has worked great ever since. Make sure you are getting 12V power to the unit.

The antenna is preset for DirecTV and you need to move switch #4, 6 and 7 to the down position for Dish.
4RXLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 07:15 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

​2020 Atlas​
Hilton Head Island , South Carolina
Thanks for your responses

Thanks for your input.
I DO hear the satellite antenna turning on the roof when I turn it on.
All the power switches are on.

The Wally receiver does have a solid green light on. Since the Wally came with the unit, I'm ASSUMING it is set up properly on the Satellite Antenna. But that is something I will check.

I will try connecting a new HDMI to HDMI cable long enough to connect directly to the TV eternally and see if I get a signal. Then at least I know what the problem is and I will just have to find someone to install it behind the walls of the unit.....oy vey.

I will let you know.....thanks again for your input!!
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 07:24 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2021 30' Globetrotter
Oviedo , Florida
Sounds like a switching issue between the Wally and your TV. You're on the right track. I'm not familiar with your HDMI switch, but it may get power over cable and not have a separate plug. If you can see the switch, do you see any lights indicating it has power?

BTW, once you get it fixed, don't be scared in the middle of the night when it sounds like an animal crawling on your roof. It's just your dish playing games with you. I was woken up thinking that when my in-motion dish did that every once in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Girl View Post
Thanks for your input.
I DO hear the satellite antenna turning on the roof when I turn it on.
All the power switches are on.

The Wally receiver does have a solid green light on. Since the Wally came with the unit, I'm ASSUMING it is set up properly on the Satellite Antenna. But that is something I will check.

I will try connecting a new HDMI to HDMI cable long enough to connect directly to the TV eternally and see if I get a signal. Then at least I know what the problem is and I will just have to find someone to install it behind the walls of the unit.....oy vey.

I will let you know.....thanks again for your input!!
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote