Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2018, 05:23 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1991 25' Excella
2011 19' Flying Cloud
Santa Ynez , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott graham View Post
I ordered an axle from Inland RV. I had a hard time getting any communication from them. “Oh, I will check on that and call or email you back.” It doesn’t happen. The operator is sweet, but can do nothing for you. The manager is the one who said that she would get back to me. I ordered my axle in August, I got my money back in October. I was told by the manager that her father had just passed. That was about a month or so ago. I have ordered my new axle from Colin Hyde. Still waiting it’s only been about 3 weeks. It can take up to 5 weeks to build, I am told. It was slightly cheaper than Inland And I believe it is coming with the shock mounts welded on. With Inland you had to weld them on yourself.
Colin Hyde’s info is online if you google it. Good luck!
My Inland axles came with shock mounts welded on, although the welds looked like a child had done them.

Alan
AlinCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:30 PM   #22
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1957 30' Sovereign of the Road
1959 28' Ambassador
1949 24' Limited
Peru , New York
Yeah, I still do axles & ship worldwide. My office manager took last week off, however I returned all calls. The shop # is (518) 566-4400.
Thanks,
Colin
Colin H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 06:29 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Excella 500
Mount Vernon , Is For Lovers
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott graham View Post
I ordered an axle from Inland RV. I had a hard time getting any communication from them. “Oh, I will check on that and call or email you back.” It doesn’t happen. The operator is sweet, but can do nothing for you. The manager is the one who said that she would get back to me. I ordered my axle in August, I got my money back in October. I was told by the manager that her father had just passed. That was about a month or so ago. I have ordered my new axle from Colin Hyde. Still waiting it’s only been about 3 weeks. It can take up to 5 weeks to build, I am told. It was slightly cheaper than Inland And I believe it is coming with the shock mounts welded on. With Inland you had to weld them on yourself.
Colin Hyde’s info is online if you google it. Good luck!

Inland RV set this pattern of customer service years ago. I had a Hell of an ordeal with them over an axle purchase that was incorrect and I was accused of theft from them ! Avoid "Andy & Co. (Inland Pirates Inc. ) at all costs ! You will end up saving money too ! I ended up ordering from the very pleasant Colin after having my purchase hijacked and held back for months and months. It was criminal how I was treated and falsely accused. They are not trustworthy at that establishment.
Sylver Slypr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:17 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

1984 27' Sovereign
Kenosha , Wisconsin
Colin-
Since you are on this thread, I have to tell you that Ellen did a fantastic job getting my axles to me. There were shipping problems and she got things straightened out. Very happy dealing with her. And I enjoy the podcast!
leif9016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:44 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
There you go we have it from the man himself. Thank you Colin H for replying. Another order for an axle coming sometime soon.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote