Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2022, 10:23 PM   #1

1967 30' Sovereign
Silver City , New Mexico
Wheel wells

The metal exterior wheel wells on our 67 Sovereign International were damaged, and it looks like someone has done some work on this before (done wrong). The ends of them were ripped apart where the angle is so I got some tin and fabricated new ends for them. Passenger side was not too bad, but the driver side front was down about 3/4" (ugh that means more work). The ends of them were ripped apart where the angle is so I got some tin and fabricated new ends for them. Passenger side was not too bad, but the driver side front was down about 3/4" (ugh that means more work). The person who "repaired" it had removed the trim piece and lowered the wheel well and riveted it there. SO the task was to remove the trim, use one the the ends I fabricated raise the well back to where it was originally and rivet it back together. Not too difficult and proved to myself I could. My partner and I love spending time working on our AS, it gives us a sense of accomplishment when we get something done. Also working at the same time on the sub floor, and painting at the frame. We don't have a lot of the space available or I would have insisted a shell off, but shell on seems to be working fine. A lot of the u channel (67 they didn't use c channel) is in decent shape but there has been some work done and a few parts need to be replaced. Hard part is going to be fabricating the curves or mending some other way . We are glad to be a part of this community and grateful for advice from those who done it before us.
jamxray is offline   Reply With Quote