Old 07-05-2018, 11:50 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Langley , British Columbia
Water works cover.

Hi everyone!
Longtime reader, first-time poster. I have learned so much to prepare for the Airstream life from this forum.

We just purchased our first RV ever, a 2018 Classic, and we love it! Just had to back into a tiny spot at a campground. When backing in I managed to tear off both clips on the water hookup cover!

Can't find the clips yet, still looking. Any idea how to fix this so the cover will still ... cover?

Thanks,
Roland

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0400.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	316033

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0398.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	316034

rmroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:30 PM   #2
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
I just got some clips of that type from Amazon. Mine are rusty and shabby and I wanted to replace them. I have not yet attempted to install or even compare them as to their fitting but they are called spring loaded latches for cabinets. The ones I got are stainless steel so if they are suitable they should hold up well for these outside access panels we have. Take a look and see what you think

On a related note I should mention that my water connection box was badly rusted and although I cleaned it up and painted it a few years ago it continued to rust and deteriorate so I replaced it with the stainless version that Airstream sells and should have installed from the onset but didn't. Relatively easy job and soooo much better

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:30 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Langley , British Columbia
I've just found my clips, they are in pretty good shape. I may try and screw them back in place.

Thanks for your reply.
rmroy is offline   Reply With Quote