Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2022, 11:57 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
La Canada , California
water water everywhere!

God Save the Queen, for she saved my interior.

I was up watching her Funeral live at 2:00 am PST Monday morning when I noticed a huge leak inside and outside my rig. I have a 2017 Flying Cloud 25RBT.

I am currently hooked up to city water since May in the same place. I do not have sewer hook ups but am provided a pump out service weekly. I have electricity and water. I do not keep any water in my fresh water tank.

On Sunday afternoon, our park had a dog festival and we ran some extension hoses from my rig to fill doggie pools utilizing a Y splitter off the city water entry point. There were 3 hoses that ended with a garden nozzle that could be opened and shut. It remain shut most of the day. When I went to shut it all down, I notice one hose connection was leaking and spraying a bit. There was pressure in the lines.

The leak was in the closet next to the shower under the water pump and the water was coming from the "Ayrlett Air Admittance". Under the rig, it appeared that water was leaking from the fresh water tank. In hindsight, I think it may have just been leaking from the pan. NOTE: I use my shower for storage only. I did not check the shower (BIG MISTAKE) . I turned off the water and waited for daylight. Much later in the day I discovered my shower pan full of water. Drained my gray tanks last night.

So Long Story Short: Tried to empty Fresh Water Tank in case it had been filled up. Nothing. Readings on the tank level said "Opn", "25" "Err" at varying times so who knows the truth. Coach Net said I probably need a new Check Valve? Is that the right terminology? Back Flow Valve? I've been researching and have gotten myself so confused. I understand such a valve is in the water pump and I should install one between the pump and the fresh water tank, but can't figure out which kind of valve it is. I am also planning on replacing the air admittance valve. The water pump seems to work just fine. Can anyone possible enlighten me? My guess is the this valve in the water pump has gone bad and I need to put another one in. We messed around with the Air Admittance valve (taking the top off etc) so I think I will replace this fairly cheap part.

Am I on the right track?

Thanks

Ann
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3307.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	284.9 KB
ID:	422834   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3306.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	276.1 KB
ID:	422835  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3305.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	304.4 KB
ID:	422836  
Bubbles12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 05:01 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
A lot happening here and some information may be true but unrelated to your issue. Ie grey tank being full, could it be that your tank was just full or did it come from your water system leak that you’re describing?

The sensor reading err, opn, or 25 indicates there is a loose wire somewhere. When that happened to mine it was just a loose wire near the sensor but it could be anywhere along that wire.

If you turn on the water, are you still leaking? It sounds like it’s a pretty active leak… or is it that it has just been happening for a long time?

Usually if it’s your check valve in your water pump that fails, it will fill up your fresh tank first and then anything else that allows water flow. So it’s weird that you don’t have any water in your fresh tank.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 06:03 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1988 32' Excella
Robbinsville , New Jersey
I agree with BigSxyWhtGuy the fresh tank would be full if the pump check valve failed (actually just a function of the diaphragm that does the pumping).

I believe the air admittance valve is part of the gray tank system and leaking water due to gray tank being over filled.
Wazbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 06:10 PM   #4
:SPACE A" S/O 11 Air19745

2006 34' Classic S/O
Fort Worth , Texas
There are at least four check valves on our rigs. One in the city water connection to the trailer. One in the black tank flush system. Another in the fresh water pump. And one in the water heater plumbing. Usually, debris get in them through fillings. If you run the water pump and flush the other check valves they will usually clear themselves. I always use a blue filter when taking on water, even city water. That's a good way to eliminate the trash in the water.
guskmg
guskmg is offline   Reply With Quote