Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-24-2021, 10:30 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Tomball , Texas
Water Pressure issues?

We just bought a barely used 2018 33’ Classic. We’re totally new at this and we’re planning on full timing. Our first two days have been a learning experience. While I’ve been able to trouble shoot most issues so far, with one expectation...

We stopped at our first park and, since we were only staying one night, we did not disconnect. We used shore power, but had plenty of fresh water on board, so we switched on the water pump. Shortly after we did this, there was a growling from under the dinette seat where the Alde system is, and there was water released under the trailer. A yellow valve on the white pvc pipe was jumping around. I opened the valve and the noise stopped. This happened again, and again. There was a gentleman next to us in a 2020 30’ classic (I’m sorry, sir. I’ve forgotten your name). I asked him for help. After looking the system over, he thought it was something to do with the valving, but suggested we try connecting to the city water to see if it was a water pump issue. I doubted it, as the dealer had just replaced the water pump. I shut off the water pump, and hooked up to city water. Everything was fine after that. Perhaps the new water pump is garbage.

We stopped for the second night at another park and connected to city water. The valve started growling and complaining again. After a few times, we shut off the water.

I know there’s a pressure regulator at the intake, but maybe it failed? Or is there something wrong with the valve set up?

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Thank you,

Derrick
DGEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:35 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
2022 Atlas
Homosassa , Florida
I sent have Alde yet. Will in August. It sounds like there is air in the line and it needs to be purged. A guess on my part but it sounds like air.
Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:48 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Tomball , Texas
I think you’re right. I shut off the Alde system. I shut the water off, opened the taps in the bathroom kitchen and shower, relieved the pressure, drained all the water lines, turned the water back on with the taps still open, and burped the air out of the system. I cycled between hot and cold. Once the lines were relatively clear of air, I closed all the taps. I turned the Alde back on and imagine my surprise when all was quiet. It’s been like that sine last evening. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Thank you!
DGEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 09:08 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
2022 Atlas
Homosassa , Florida
Glad it worked out. Enjoy your camping experience

Jim
Tater is offline   Reply With Quote