Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-18-2021, 12:31 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Arlington , Washington
Water leak in area you would not think of! Help

So I see this 12" puddle of water under my sewer slinky where its connected to the coach and think "time to buy a new hose looks like we have a pin hole leak"
upon close examination water is coming from the inside of the skirting and running down a gas line next to the grey water valve handle???? wtf?? where in the world could this be coming from?

I have tried shutting off city water and running off my tank for a day,,
I wiped and cleaned everything, cycled my grey water handle,, the puddle dried up clean as a whistle for 2 days now its leaking again...dont know where to begin on this one

situation: plugged in and connected at a campsite near Los Angeles
only started doing this about 2 or 3 weeks ago
water puddle never gets more than 12" in diameter
no rain recently to blame.....

anyone experience this??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210213_102300.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	388950  
Niblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 12:52 PM   #2
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
OK possible sources.

1. Fresh water from city connection or pump. All the same, pressurized city water distribution.
2. Grey water tank and it's valve and shared pipe.
3. Black water tank and it's valve and shared pipe.
4. No fuss flush line is in the black tank area and it is active only when you use it. No real pressure as nozzle into tank is open but it does have a back flow preventer up inside the trailer likely its above its location to black tank.

Are you able to get down and look inside of that slit in the black rubber that the valve handle goes thru? It MIGHT give you a peek at the plumbing of the waste system. Same for other valve if so equipped. Stick a phone in that slit, take pics etc. looking for drip drip.

The plumbing is ABS pipes and fittings, cracks not real likely IMHO but a bad glue joint is a maybe. Also the valves likely are clamped in to the tank and a butyl sealant is used. Might be leaking at that joint. Could also be a valve problem but that's a lot of speculation until source is determined.

Report back with findings and maybe time to get a snake camera attachment or such.

I just replaced my valves last fall so at least one R&R for my comments.

Gary
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 12:56 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Lewisville , Texas
Just a Thought

Sounds like the water pressure is a little higher when hooked up to the shore supply and it is finding a weak spot to leak from. Aparently the opening for the gas line is the low spot the water is finding a way out.

This thread here: https://www.airforums.com/forums/f44...ge-208266.html Has some good images of the factory built in water pressure regulator that has a history of leaking for many forum members.

Could also be the connections on the shower mixer, outside shower or just about any connection as most are just hand tight.

Good luck
NO NOIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:12 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Murrieta , California
As others have stated it could be a myriad of possibilities. As yours is a 2019 I'd just make an appointment to have dealer take a look at it under warranty.
Night owls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 03:04 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Have you been using a black water tank flush system, with pressurized city water, on occasion, as Gary suggested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCinSC2 View Post
OK possible sources.
. . .
4. No fuss flush line is in the black tank area and it is active only when you use it. No real pressure as nozzle into tank is open but it does have a back flow preventer up inside the trailer likely its above its location to black tank.
. . .
Gary
The plastic anti-siphon vacuum-breaker for that flush line can leak at times, especially if the spray nozzles at the top of the black tank are clogged with fecal material, due to infrequent use. Our dealer sent a replacement brass version, but it is buried too deep to swap out easily IMO.

If you have such a flush system, and would like to see other threads/posts on this, please advise.

Good luck.
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:25 AM   #6
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niblet View Post
So I see this 12" puddle of water under my sewer slinky where its connected to the coach and think "time to buy a new hose looks like we have a pin hole leak"
upon close examination water is coming from the inside of the skirting and running down a gas line next to the grey water valve handle???? wtf?? where in the world could this be coming from?

I have tried shutting off city water and running off my tank for a day,,
I wiped and cleaned everything, cycled my grey water handle,, the puddle dried up clean as a whistle for 2 days now its leaking again...dont know where to begin on this one

situation: plugged in and connected at a campsite near Los Angeles
only started doing this about 2 or 3 weeks ago
water puddle never gets more than 12" in diameter
no rain recently to blame.....

anyone experience this??
Hi Niblet,*

We're very sorry to learn about the issue you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information, email and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customersupport@airstream.com

Thank you.*
Old 02-26-2021, 10:23 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
. . .
. . . anyone experience this??
Wondering how you are doing, and whether any of the suggestions pointed in the right direction?

Happy trails.
Old 05-14-2021, 12:52 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Williamsburg , Virginia
Niblet, I have the same rig, same issue. Can you tell me if you were able to resolve it? Thanks!
AgBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 02:42 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Niblet has not been back since the first post, so . . . wondering if any of the suggestions so far make any sense to you?

Thanks,
Old 05-14-2021, 03:03 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Williamsburg , Virginia
Thanks, Peter...they do. I'll probably need a little professional help in gaining access. I'm not worried this is a major disaster but will have to get after that leak. We'll work through it.
John
Old 05-14-2021, 03:46 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
. . .
. . . anyone experience this??
Wondering if you [OP] got this solved? Thanks.

Good luck, John.
Old 05-18-2021, 06:44 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Arlington , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgBullet View Post
Niblet, I have the same rig, same issue. Can you tell me if you were able to resolve it? Thanks!
hey there, sorry I abandoned you guys, but I had some "life issues" to deal with.
anyway, I tried to trouble shoot this "leak" many ways, shutting off city water, running pump only, (for a few days) not using the shower for a weekend,
whatever,,,and I still havent got a clue, there is just no rhyme nor reason to when it leaks.

I never removed the little access panel on the bulkhead in the bathroom to inspect the area under the shower,,,this is best guess, is its some very small leakage under the shower area,,,,,thats all I got,,,sorry fellas,,this should have been taken in to a dealer with pics and evidence. But I never had the time as I was living in it

The idea to get a scope up around the rubber piece was a great idea as well!
Niblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 06:49 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thumbs up

Thanks for the update . . . life issues here too . . .

Happy Trails . . .
Old 05-18-2021, 11:08 PM   #14
4 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Williamsburg , Virginia
Thanks for the reply. If I find a solution, I’ll post.
Old 05-19-2021, 04:45 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Moss Point , Mississippi
Your A/C drip line probably has a penetration in the wheel well on that side. Could be water from A/C condensation line.
Dave-n-Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 02:21 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
T , Ontario
Ours is 2017 FC FB - mystery leak was from the outside shower, hot water side, travelling along a propane line to dribble outside at its grommet - thankfully, I suppose, because it never ventured off the propane line to soak any flooring. The factory had made the PEX fitting a bit too long on the hot supply side and it entered the fixture at a sharp angle that the rubber seal screwed loosely onto the back of the fixture could not accommodate. I didn’t have any PEX tools on the trip so took a chance and just gave the fitting an extra little hand-tight-only twist and the leak stopped! But the outside shower fixture exploded once it got full water pressure. Fortunately, and strangely for an inexpensive fixture, parts and pieces are readily available and after spending about $12 it has been leak free for four years. It would have been covered by warranty but that would have meant the end of our trip and a lot more than $12 in gas to return to the dealer.
drobert33 is offline   Reply With Quote