Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2020, 05:47 PM   #1

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Tucson , Arizona
Water Leak

Hi guys, although this is my first post, I've been here awhile and whenever I encounter a problem I use this forum as my go-to resource, but I can't seem to find anything about an issue I'm currently having.

I'm have a water leak in my 2016 30ft. Flying Cloud. I'm up north in Montana and I had to make an unexpected trip to California for a family funeral. I dried docked my truck/Airstream and was gone for 2 weeks. While I was gone the weather turned and it has been very cold with snow. When I got back yesterday I'm now camping at a site that has no city water for the winter. I had 15% water in the fresh water tank, and when I turned on the water pump it all immediately leaked out underneath near the water heater.

I've taken a picture from the inside and on top of the water heater (which I added here), and I can see the floorboard is wet.

Has anyone experienced this same problem, or does anyone know what I should do to trouble shoot the issue?

Thank you for your input and time.

Jeremy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7274 copy.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	279.2 KB
ID:	383247  
Jphotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 06:06 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 25' International
Slidell , Louisiana
If you left the trailer in the cold and the water heater tank had any significant water in it, I would expect the low point plastic pipe fittings near the tank to have frozen and cracked.
BayouBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 06:12 PM   #3

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Tucson , Arizona
How would I be able to check to see if these fittings cracked. Do I have to remove the water heater?
Jphotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 06:17 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2018 25' International
Slidell , Louisiana
On my 25' they are all at least viewable from one angle or another. Your best bet would be to add some more fresh water, get a helper and try to observe where the water is leaking from. If the tank was nearly full (more than 88%) , it is also possible the tank split if it was cold for more than three days continuously.
BayouBiker is offline   Reply With Quote