Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2020, 11:36 PM   #1

2015 23' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Water heater won’t run off propane

I think my water heater thermal cutoff switch has tripped. Is this something I can replace myself? How do I get the part number so I can order one? I have a 23’ Flying Cloud. Thank you.
JDEllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 04:40 AM   #2
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
JDEllis,

Welcome to Airforums. Can you post the model number of the water heater?

If its Dometic/Atwood this link might help https://www.dometic.com/en-us/us/support/spare-parts

Gary
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 06:16 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I have just been experiencing this same problem with my Atwood water heater.

I was able to find a replacement by getting the model number off the unit, then calling around to Camping World and RV repair places.

I was afraid to try to determine and order this myself, but the parts people are really good at this.

I found a parts person who tracked the exact part down for me, ordered it from one of their suppliers and will ship it to my home.

Good luck,

Maggie
Old 07-09-2020, 07:48 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Bullard,Lake Palestine , Texas
new board

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....AC_SL1500_.jpghttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 07-09-2020, 09:38 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2018 27' Globetrotter
Mooresville , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDEllis View Post
I think my water heater thermal cutoff switch has tripped. Is this something I can replace myself? How do I get the part number so I can order one? I have a 23’ Flying Cloud. Thank you.
I realize this will be a dumb question but a fellow airstream camper next to us had an issue where she could not get hot water. She told her local RV service person to un-winterize her unit. They did everything EXCEPT forgot to turn off the hot water by-pass valve. She never had any hot water going into her tank since the water was by-passing the tank. When another service person came to her site to fix it at her campsite they found the issue right away.
GOUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:59 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Beaconsfield , Quebec
It may not be your thermocouple. I found this troubleshooting video helpful. After more than a year of water heater problems, my problem were simply oxidized connections that needed some light sanding that solved the problem for good.

duboismjjp is offline   Reply With Quote