Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-23-2018, 08:46 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Bainbridge Island , Washington
Warranty service in Texas

Any advice on where to take our 27FB for some warranty work? Mostly minor stuff. Squeaking floor is maybe the most difficult fix. Plus two windows, when opened to position 1of 3 (should be open just a little) stay closed.

We live in central Texas, but could easily take it take it to DFW, Houston, or San Antonio.
pwlldvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 05:49 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
Savoy , Texas
Vogt by Fort Worth is very busy. Service takes a lot of time. Bayer RV in Dublin is a small dealer and not over loaded with service customers. And I am happy with the work they do. Don’t tell anyone I told you.
SpinWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 05:59 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Midlothian , Texas
VOGT is awesome!!! And they make appointments ahead of time so you know when to take your rig in for work. They are very careful and now they have an EXCLUSIVE Airstream dealership - just the best service folks, best of sales and parts and everything all under one roof - AS only!! Not other trailers or anything!! Cliff Harris heads up all the service and he is a caring and thorough manager - fully understands the anxiety we all feel when our ""baby"" is being worked on. If you message me, I can give you directions directly to the new Airstream location that can help you bypass some traffic, ok?
TexasMarci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 06:52 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Bainbridge Island , Washington
Sounds like I need to go north. Thanks!
pwlldvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 07:38 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2024 23' International
South of Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwlldvd View Post
Any advice on where to take our 27FB for some warranty work? Mostly minor stuff. Squeaking floor is maybe the most difficult fix. Plus two windows, when opened to position 1of 3 (should be open just a little) stay closed.

We live in central Texas, but could easily take it take it to DFW, Houston, or San Antonio.

Did you not try the BUDA Airstream dealer?
JJTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 10:08 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' International
Conroe , Texas
I bought my 2018 27 FB International Serenity from Camper Clinic in Buda, TX back in January. I have had a few service items which they easily repaired. Biggest problem is wait list to get an appointment. It usually takes 2-3 weeks to get in. There is no Airstream dealer in San Antonio so your options are Vogt in Dallas, Camper Clinic in Buda, or Holiday World in Houston.
Pencilpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 12:58 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

1974 21' Globetrotter
2016 30' International
Houston , Texas
We took ours into Vogt to replace the vinyl on the floor and they did a terrible job, buckling in multiple places, adhesive all over the cabinets and the original water leak was not repaired. Holiday World in Houston was no better. Our last trip for warranty work was North Dallas RV in Carrollton. Randy and his team have been awesome! They are not a dealership and only service airstreams. They were recommended to us by AS after the first two terrible experiences.
70CT is offline   Reply With Quote