Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-16-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Nashville , Tennessee
want to trade center bath for rear bath?

Before I go ripping in to this thing, I figured I would ask. I have a 74 31' rear bath, fold out, and it's a shame to pull it apart, being in the condition it is in. It has some expected issues, but I will trade accordingly.

Most likely, I'll do the conversion, and the parts will go to ebay, as I have no idea what they are worth and need funds for the switch. Or just let me know.

I don't have interior pics yet and I can't find my camera... I just had it... err

it sure is a pain to post pics, for me
nomader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Posting Photos

At first I had trouble with the photo posting as well.
I will assume you have your photos in your computer and have a way to edit them. The maximum width and height is 1600. You will need to resize if they are larger.
Then click on the "Post Reply" button, the one on the lower left. DO NOT use the "Quick Reply" button. Below the text box you are typing in there is a blue bar labelled "Additional Options". Scroll down until you see the button "Manage Attachments". Press it.
After clicking, you will see a window that has 4 "Browse" buttons. Click on the first one. Then locate your photo's in your computer. When you have selected the photo you wish to post, click the "Open" button. If you want to post more than one photo, you will click the second "Browse" button on the "Manage Attachments" window, then the third and so on.
When you have selected all the photos you want to post, click on the "Upload " button just below and to the right of the last "Browse" button in the "Manage Attachments" window.
If you are successful the photo(s) will be listed above the "Manage Attachments" button. Below the message box you are working in.
You can then hit the "Preview Post" button below the message box you are working in. The message will be displayed, but the photos won't be there, only boxes with a red X in the corner and the pictures should come up. Don't know why. But if you click on the boxes the pictures should be displayed. After checking that everything is the way you want it. Just hit the "Submit Reply" button
Good Luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PA180294-R.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	661.1 KB
ID:	96722  
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Houston , Texas
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomader View Post
Before I go ripping in to this thing, I figured I would ask. I have a 74 31' rear bath, fold out,and it's a shame to pull it apart,
Pray tell, what is a "fold out"..?

...aahh..rumm..pu..tum..tummm...
Distantdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:39 AM   #4

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomader View Post
Before I go ripping in to this thing, I figured I would ask. I have a 74 31' rear bath, fold out, and it's a shame to pull it apart, being in the condition it is in. It has some expected issues, but I will trade accordingly.

Most likely, I'll do the conversion, and the parts will go to ebay, as I have no idea what they are worth and need funds for the switch. Or just let me know.

I don't have interior pics yet and I can't find my camera... I just had it... err

it sure is a pain to post pics, for me
Hello nomader,

I believe you'll find that 70's era rear bath (RB) 31 footer's are far more common than their center bath (CB) cousins. Are you're plans to convert your RB to a CB if you don't find a trade?

While a conversion is possible it is not a project for the faint of heart. It will require a complete reconfiguration of the trailer and systems from the kitchen bulkhead on back. The water heater locations are different and the bath parts for RB's and CB's aren't interchangeable. Just something to consider.

Regards,

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
WBCCI 8562

1975 31' Sovereign
Pelzer , South Carolina
Today 2/22/2010 I saw on Ebay a 31ft rear bedroom 1974 Sovereign. It was stripped inside, but exterior looked good..was at $450 bucks this AM, this might make a decent switch???Then sell your stripped rear bath!!!
Jim in Pima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:11 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Nashville , Tennessee
I just got the e-mail telling me there was a reply... weird..
Well, I'm still having trouble, The comp said I was missing a security token .. what ever that means..?

I'll try again after getting some sleep. I couldn't get the best pictures anyways, my camera and AS batteries were dying. I think all the simple green caused a light to drain my batteries. It was odd.
I wish I saw that post for the $450 on ebay. I couldn't have bid on it, I'm really strapped at the moment. driving to CA to pick this thing up was not smart, but
I enjoyed it.

The rear bath is intact except for the hump in the shower. I'm putting it back, but I need to replace the water lines. I'm also thinking of taking the rest out, to paint everything well. I will be keeping the same layout, it's grown on me. AND yes, it would be an undertaking, that I can't afford for some time.

The "fold out" was referring to the queen bed, instead of the two twins or bunk models.

I'm going to keep my eye out for that stripped 74, that would be great. I would really like the chance to do everything custom. But I can't kill a perfectly good 74.

I did take out a wall panel today. It was over the one spot that I have rot. There wasn't any mold or mice evidence, but the bottom inch was wet from my recent day at the car wash. I thought my window was leaking but it turns out there was a crack where my awning attaches. The panels are warped from where wind had caught the awning, This would be a good time to fix those. I think I need to cut out/replace or straighten out the interior wall stud, as it is all bent up and stopping the exterior wall from popping back in to place.
I was very happy to see the inner walls so fresh and so clean. After all the simple green and scrubbing, this trailer is coming out very nice. It's like I'm stepping back in the 70's. lol what am talking about?! I can't say that! I was never in the 70's in the first place. lol.

I'll get these pictures up someday, I might have to just resort to a link to photobucket or something.

By the way, I removed all of the clear coat I could reach with ks3 kleen stripp in 5 hours, The pressure washer at the car wash made all the difference, and hey! no clean up... lol. But I must warn everyone, and I will post this to the stripping forums, when I was spraying the stripper off, a few globs of plastic covered goo hit my truck. I now have little spots of paint eaten away on my tail gate. Not cool! It only took a few seconds to do the damage. It is powerful stuff....! My TV tail light had got a few spots as well. Everything on the AS was fine.... odd.. 70's plastic held up better!? Maybe because they were already wet..?. They aren't so bad, a little touch up paint will do the trick.
I couldn't be mad at myself, I was too excited about having the AS sparkling with so little effort.
I found a dual head polisher in my parents garage today..... SOON...
Old 02-23-2010, 01:26 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Nashville , Tennessee
TG Twinkie

Did you pick the colors for the argosy and the house? Those are my three favorites!!
Good eye..Lol
I scraped a house down and painted it the same blue a few months ago. I did the trim in white and added two bay windows with copper above them. It really made it pop!
Old 02-23-2010, 05:40 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Paint colors

The PO painted the Argosy about 7 years ago. It has a few chips, but nothing too serious. I don't have any plans of changing the color anytime soon. I did pick the colors for the house, it is trimmed in white. Thanks for the compliment.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote