Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-18-2017, 09:59 PM   #21
The Tin Man

2017 27' International
SoCal , California
It's brand new. I haven't taken it out yet but have watched a few movies in it and played a few card games with the kids. There are some good suggestions here and I will try a few of them. Thanks for the ideas!
WBCC #4913
sandollars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:05 PM   #22
The Tin Man

2017 27' International
SoCal , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Suggestions? Yea, get a new model which offers the non-slip material! LOL
Seriously, we hated that slip/slide in our 2014 25' FC. When looking at the 2017's, we noted the FC models offered the new "perforated" non-slip ultra leather Dwell as an option, but it was not offered in the International models...too bad. We have it in our 28' FC Twin and love it! No slip/sliding away anymore when watching TV...(also, note the FC model of 28', has 2 more cabinets above the dinette) Not sure why the International models don't offer the non-slip and also the extra cabinets...your surely paying more for that unit...
I LOVE the unit and all the fancy features. No complaints on the storage. There's a wardrobe that I could stick 2 people in AND still close the doors! Love the backlighted overheads, corian, etc. etc.

My only design gripe is the slippery cushions. Well, that and the vents that keep falling out of the ceiling... Jeez.....
WBCC #4913
Old 07-19-2017, 10:26 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandollars View Post
I LOVE the unit and all the fancy features. No complaints on the storage. There's a wardrobe that I could stick 2 people in AND still close the doors! Love the backlighted overheads, corian, etc. etc.

My only design gripe is the slippery cushions. Well, that and the vents that keep falling out of the ceiling... Jeez.....

Yea, the 27' has a nice closet, and the International cabinet lighting is nice from visual perspective, but not so practical for us. We like the lift open cabinet doors; easier to get items in/out with the lift up doors. We almost went with a 27' for that closet, but after 3 years in our last 25' we decided the "long lounge" was just not comfortable for watching TV or just....lounging! Heck, if you have 3 or 4 people in to watch a game, your all left with stiff necks from craning...not to mention that model had the "slippery" ultra leather!
With the 28', we love having a separate dinning area separate and the L-shape lounge, which allow you to face the TV. In the FC model, we have 6 overhead storage areas in the dinning/lounge area...International model only has 4 overhead cabinets...but, who's keeping score?
My main point was, in the new FC models you had/have(?) a choice of "slippery" ultra leather or the new Dwell non-slip, perforated ultra leather; I did not see that choice for the non-slip on 2017 International models...
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:45 AM   #24
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
Personal Traction Wear

Instant cure - jodhpurs (leather seat riding breeches)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jodhpurs leather seat.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	289845  

Sir Tristan
Air #48582, S/SO #003, WBCCI #4584
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:05 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' International
Long Beach , California
I would try wiping them down with a damp micro fiber towel that may take the "shine" off especially when new.

I have the problem of the cushion shifting off the dinette the 2 pieces of Velcro dont do the job

2016 International Signature 28
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4X4 Crew Cab Z71

WBCCI #21506

airwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:22 PM   #26
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
airwoody,

Try a product similar to one of these on the deck under the cushion:

https://www.amazon.com/Con-Tact-Indu.../dp/B00FGPW9XA

https://www.amazon.com/Big-Horn-1941.../dp/B002LVUWMW

Sir Tristan
Air #48582, S/SO #003, WBCCI #4584
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 10:34 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
I agree that firmer foam will help, but to me it seems that the seats themselves are a bit too high... and rhe problwm is probably worse for shorter people. A footstool or ottoman with storage underneath might be a good solution. Nekkid butt prints, not so much. Do frequently use towels just because s they spare my fabric upholstery and when dirty get thrown in the wash.

Paula
Old 07-22-2017, 10:43 PM   #28
The Tin Man

2017 27' International
SoCal , California
I like the footstool idea. I think I will give that a try
WBCC #4913
Old 07-22-2017, 10:53 PM   #29
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Elevating the front edge (only) of the seat could solve the problem. Having the front of the seat higher than the rear of the seat would reduce the tendency to slide forward. Wouldn't take much elevation to fix the problem…
Old 07-23-2017, 09:45 AM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2016 27' International
Anacortes , Washington
Our solution to the slippery cushions

We didn't care for the slippery cushions, and forget putting the included pillows on the cushions - gravity rules, and on the floor the pillows went.

I had a Pendleton blanket, queen and the SW colors and pattern were pleasing in our 2016 Serenity (27', twin beds). We found a local 'seamstress' who after talking with her, gave her the two large cushions and blanket to create two completely encased cushion covers. Also zippers to remove them for periodic, if needed, cleaning. She did a great job and it cost us about $100 + $20 tip for doing it so well.

It works great, and the pillows stay put (not to mention our posteriors). We can flip the cushions over as needed.

We didn't do the table cushions as we wanted to slide out from those seats.
Pat Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote