Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2016, 03:52 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Marana , Arizona
Tucson repair experiences

I'm a recent move-in to the Tucson area. I'm wondering about service and repair related experiences anyone may have had with Lazy Days, the Airstream dealer here?
I don't have a problem, just trying to get a feel for the dealership.
Spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:00 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
I whole heartedly recommend Lazy Days RV. I traveled all the way from Denver in February (and we have an Airstream dealer in Denver) to Lazy Days Tucson to trade in my old Airstream and buy a new one. I returned in July for their service department to do warranty work. Both times, I experienced the most friendly, accommodating group of people you can find. They pay attention, they seem happy to be working there, they get the job done right the first time and they give you confidence that you bought a quality product that they can back up. You are lucky to be living in the same city they are....go for it
Old 08-24-2016, 06:08 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
We drove from Las Vegas to Lazy Days for service work. We were pleased with the entire experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 08-24-2016, 06:32 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
While attending the February Rock Show in Tucson last year, we visited Lazy Days.

Their Airstream section is new and eager to please. Their solar panel installation was a better deal than the one offered to me in Denver, Colorado. I will be there February 2017 and increasing it to two solar panels.

I am confident that they will be able to get me in and out while shopping all of the other great deals at the Rock Show! Maybe even squeeze in Quartzite the previous week to weigh down the tow vehicle.

I did like that their facility was clean, lots of open space to park and the sales people in the Airstream Sales Office were eager to work with you.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:48 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Marana , Arizona
Thank you all for those comments - I like what I hear.
Spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 06:58 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
My experience with Lazy Days was less than satisfactory. Last November on my way south as I drove along I-40, wind opened and damaged the road side awning (I did not have a latch then). I got a quote from Zip Dee and rather than try to do the job myself, I arranged to go to Lazy Days when I passed through Tucson on my way to Casa Grande. It took them almost a month before they actually ordered the awning, and then, even though I told them how it was to be measured (having been informed of this by Randy at Zip Dee), they ordered one about 2 inches too long. It took them a complete day, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm to install the awning. On top of that, their initial quote was for $4,000 (Zip Dee told me that the awning retailed, delivered to me in Casa Grande, for $1,100 - and a dealer would get it discounted); final job was $1,800. In April, when I was at JC, I discussed this with Rick March. Hopefully Lazy Days service has improved.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
WBCCI 8080
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:55 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi from AZ. . . I have to give a shout out to Desert Autoplex in Mesa. . .now that my favorite tech from Dillon RV is there. Nick is a great AS tech & has done all my work (including solar & awning pkg install) for the past several years. All work was done very well.. . . And I bought my new Pendleton from Brian Knox & he was great to deal with too.. . . Also means I don't have to drive to Tucson for service. . . F Y I, regards, Craig