Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2020, 08:02 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2016 28' International
Annapolis , Maryland
"Trunk" lock question

Hello everyone,

I have a 2016 28u international serenity rear bedroom queen. I recently had to drill out one of the two cylinder locks in the rear "trunk" compartment as the cylinder no longer turned when the key was inserted. I need a replacement (Well two really as the key needs to work for both cylinders). I feel that the cylinders/keys are rather flimsy and I was wondering if anyone knows of an upgrade for these cylinders. That being said, does anyone know where to find the original locks for sale? (Assuming there are no upgrades available). I am having trouble locating them online. I was wondering if it was possible to have the trunk key also open the battery compartment, the exterior shower, and the fresh water tank door. Having multiple keys for these purposes seems unnecessary and cumbersome. Is this possible?

Thanks so much!
super90ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:29 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2020 23' Flying Cloud
2019 22' Sport
Sebastian , Florida
I replaced the latch on my battery box with a “CH751” lock to provide a flatter surface for a waste tote. I think I got it at Home Depot . Not much security, though. There may be a choice of sizes- measure before you go.
GetawA-S is offline   Reply With Quote