RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 02-29-2020, 11:36 AM   #21

1972 25' Tradewind
Las Vegas , NV
I have since received a refund from Inland RV and ordered through Highs Sky Rv parts. I have spoken with Dimitri regarding my project and had good results. They carry many hard to get AS parts at a reasonable price.
Wind 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 12:03 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Melbourne Beach , Florida
If you are so inclined and confident in your ability to measure, you can order the correct axles. Find a local trailer shop or Redneck Trailer Supply (yes, that is their real name).

My local family-owned and operated parts place and trailer retailer ordered my axles from Redneck based on my specifications and Redneck delivered them to them no charge. They also gave me a good price. I paid a local trailer repair guy that does work at the parts place to install them and my disk brake conversion. The axles, disc brakes, and lift kit are the best upgrades I have made to my trailer.

Here is my order form:
Order form for Classic 30 SLideout Axles Beam Only (2).pdf

Axle and brake change - step by step starts at post 38
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f43...ss-177345.html

Lift kit installation:
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f43...ay-189927.html

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 09:23 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by runtime View Post
Iím in the process of switching out the axles on my 28ft 2004 international. Iíve been having similar issues with placing my order with Inland that has been described above. The main reason I wanted to go through Inland was piece of mind I was ordering the right axles and they supply the after market mounting brackets that are needed for the shocks.

Unfortunately, Iíve reached the point that Iím in process of searching for another vendor for the shocks. Does anybody who went with another dexter supplier have any input regarding how to determine what axles to order and how to deal with the shock mounting brackets?

-Mike

If you want piece of mind that you are ordering the correct axles contact Colin Hyde. He knows axles.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 09:38 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Fredericksburg , Texas
Agree with Dan. Took a few weeks to he it but he knew exactly what I needed. Sometimes heís tough to get ahold of, but be persistent. Good luck
Bubba L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:03 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Powder Springs , Georgia
Trouble with Inland RV late 2019,early 2020

Trouble with inland RV doesnít begin to discribe the issues with this PARTS dealer. Iím going to have to file for credit card refund or fraud after ordering axles from this company!! No communication at all since initial ordering !! The answering machine says please write an email cause no one is there, but I have done so repeatedly since 4/24/2020 with NOT one email returned. DO NOT BUSINESS WITH INLAND RV PERIOD! I usually only leave positive feedback and just blow off the lame people of this world that say can help you but donít. Problem is Iím on the hook for $2200 dollars. Maybe not a lot for some but itís a bundle for me!! Hope I can help someone else from this inland RV hoax!! Treat them like Covid stay away!!
Deja-vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 05:04 PM   #26

1973 27' Overlander
Bozeman , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind 72 View Post
Has anyone else had trouble getting orders from Inland RV?: I ordered and paid for new Dexter axles, shocks,lift kit on 11/15/19. I was quoted 6 weeks for delivery. After 8 weeks I tried to contact Inland to inquire about my order. Many phone calls and Emails later with no response. I finally caught Michelle on the phone 1/13/2020. She related that they were having employee issues and my order had not been sent to Dexter yet. Michelle stated that she would place a rush order and It would take approximately 3 weeks. This puts the order in mid to late February. Gone with the wind 72
I, too, ordered axles last Fall and in January started to track them down with no success. I had my credit card company reverse charges. But- now I need axles! Where do I go? I'm open to suggestions.
CasperO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 05:15 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Colin Hyde, Peru, NY

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperO View Post
I, too, ordered axles last Fall and in January started to track them down with no success. I had my credit card company reverse charges. But- now I need axles! Where do I go? I'm open to suggestions.
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 01:55 PM   #28

1972 25' Tradewind
Las Vegas , NV
New axles installed.

I started this thread to inform others of my problems with Inland. I obtained a refund from them and ordered new axles from High Sky RV parts in Washington. Dimitri Sorokovski has been very helpful in obtaining parts for my restoration. (72 AS Landyacht Traidwind).
Wind 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 02:36 PM   #29
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Lewisville , Texas
Please Be Careful

Glad everything worked out for you! I am also glad to hear that Dimitri was helpful, maybe he finally got his act together.

Please be aware that highskyrvparts.com has operated under several different company names in the past and several people reported having an unsatisfactory experience.

See this thread and others:

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f34...am-188184.html

Best of luck
NO NOIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 06:49 PM   #30
LLK

1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
InLandRV

I ordered and paid for axles on 1/26/2020. I communicated with Michele several times until they went radio silent. On April 29 when I asked for a PO number and contact number at Drexel, no response . I contested the charge on May 6 and got a message back from Mike who said he pushed the credit through and that that order was never placed despite being told 4 times they had been. I WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING EVER FROM THESE CROOKS.

I have reordered from High Sky RV parts and the axles should be ready for pick up in the next 2 weeks. I also ordered a bunch of other stuff including tanks, tools etc. Demetre called me to say the tanks have been shipped 2 weeks ahead of time. He also told me he had 3 others orders from people with the same story about InlandRV
LLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 05:50 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Powder Springs , Georgia
Axle order with inland RV finally got delivered. However I ordered the axles with EZ lube option and that was not installed at build! Inland RV so far doesnít want to acknowledge my issue, they say my issue is with redneck trailer we took the order from them for the axles. I Had a trip planned for June 22 three weeks in Colorado business trip and Vacation. I was going to take my trailer but now I will now have to change my accommodation plans to a hotel. I hope the BBB complaint I started against inland RV will help resolve my issue.
My position is I did not receive the goods my receipt says I ordered and paid for. Probably need a lawyer.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:52 AM   #32
2 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Powder Springs , Georgia
Here is my BBB complaint:
I ordered (3/12/20) 2 axles for my RV trailer thru Inland RV to get their Airstream trailer experts help with a critical part for my trailer. I gave Inland the trailer VIN number and details of axle options I wished to include. Two very important axle options to me were Never adjust electric brakes and EZ lube bearing axles. After a lengthy (Covid-19) delay in processing, Inland placed my order (5/8/20) with a company called Redneck Trailer supply. I received my order 5/28/20 and the found that the axles do not have the EZ lube option I had requested. These axles are custom made to order and can NOT be modified. I contacted Inland RV immediately and they emailed back immediately the order form. They also said that my issue was not with them but Redneck trailer. No call from Inland, ever. On Friday (5/29/20) I was able to talk with Redneck trailer in Corona Calf. 951-685-8384 Diana Rodriguez - account manager and in the end found that their position is that they had the axles built to Inland's specifications. Because of a persistent communication gap with inland, I contacted Redneck Trailer to see what could be done. Rednecks position is that the axles where in fact built to the order specifications and its a fault with Inland RV ordering the wrong part number. Both Inland and Redneck have been transparent in providing me with different order details. Inland RV's order form does show all the options requested by me at the time of ordering. However, Redneck says they used the PO from Inland to build the axles by, the PO doesn't state EZ lube or never adjust brakes. The axles where built with never adjust brakes but not the EZ lube option. I questioned Redneck about this and they said that they just fill the orders from inland using the part number provided by Inland.
Redneck says they fill hundreds of axle orders for Inland and always use the part number they provide.
As you can see as the consumer I'm stuck in the middle. I did not receive the goods ordered and the people at Inland RV are too overwhelmed to communicate, they go days between email queries and nobody ever answers their phone...ever!
Please help in this matter or advise of my next recourse.
Thank You for your help in advance.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:24 PM   #33

1975 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Screven , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind 72 View Post
Has anyone else had trouble getting orders from Inland RV?: I ordered and paid for new Dexter axles, shocks,lift kit on 11/15/19. I was quoted 6 weeks for delivery. After 8 weeks I tried to contact Inland to inquire about my order. Many phone calls and Emails later with no response. I finally caught Michelle on the phone 1/13/2020. She related that they were having employee issues and my order had not been sent to Dexter yet. Michelle stated that she would place a rush order and It would take approximately 3 weeks. This puts the order in mid to late February. Gone with the wind 72
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 04:41 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
I have purchased a 1975 Sovereign 31' Airstream and reading forum for sites to order much needed parts. Just beginning my fixer-upper AS. I had planned to contact Inland RV (from reading other posts) and just read this! Oh my - where/who is the best vendor to begin my AS 1975 redo?

Vintage Trailer Supply and Out of Doors Mart (an Airstream Dealer) in NC.

Good luck, Dan
Old 06-09-2020, 09:02 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Down the Blue Ridge Parkway to OODM. Also see Virginia Highland Haven campground in Copper Hill VA- if it isn't fully booked.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:47 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringDan View Post
Vintage Trailer Supply and Out of Doors Mart (an Airstream Dealer) in NC.

Good luck, Dan

For axles I strongly recommend Colin Hyde.

Dan
Old 09-03-2020, 11:56 AM   #37
1 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 26
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Itís been at least 9 weeks for us. No axles. No email replies. Attempt to reach them by phone and Iím lied to or given the run-around. Buyer beware they will take your money and run. Our axle order was $2200 and we havenít seen anything yet. We got the SAME excuse about forgetting to put in the order or some other BS. Shameful outfit. Stay away from Inland!!
Pretzeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 11:59 AM   #38
1 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 26
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Literally the same excuses we got. Inland is criminal. The more of these I read the more upset I get.
Pretzeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 11:17 AM   #39

DULUTH , MN
Yes they are terrible. Ordered airstream glass from them last april, 2020
and still have not received it sept 24, 2020. I would NOT recommend.
johnkdul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 02:25 PM   #40

1979 23' Safari
Rosebud , Texas
I have recently had the following problems with Inland.
1). Axil order placed two months ago and have yet to receive them
2). They do not respond to my inquiries.
3). They have not shipped any of the half dozen items I sent.
Beeuser is offline   Reply With Quote