Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-18-2021, 12:10 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Indianapolis , Indiana
The Greatest Scrape: All repairs done

I have chronicled my encounter with the pine tree I did not see. I heard the bang and scrape along the side of the AS. It deflected the ribs so much, that the galley was pushed inboard about 1.75 inches.

And to re-assert, I was going only 3-4 mph, had cleared the tree I could see at the corner, and was lining up again in the lane when it happened. All my fault, of course.

Anyway, the folks at Jackson Center were, as I have always found, just wonderful. Artie Presser was the estimator and was both sympathetic and precise. He told me it was scheduled for repairs on 1/15/21.

On 12/15/20 —a month early— I got a call from AS telling me the job was done! "Yep, it's ready for you. I know your trailer. Just settle up with you get here'" Kevin told me.

We drove to Jackson Center and looked it over. It was just perfect. Greg, the technician was terrific at explaining how he went about the job. Turns out, but for hanging the sheets of aluminum skin, he did all the work himself. He had worked the line and knew every in and out of the various models.

We were quite impressed with the entire job, but noticed the screen door did not latch. In fact, it did not even meet the door jamb. Without any fanfare, he grabbed the door frame and pulled and pushed until it matched perfectly.

My jaw dropped. He just smiled and told me how to readjust it if it ever needs it.

He tracked down a new squeal in the shower fan, climbed a ladder to investigate, did some magic, and it was quiet again. Not a bother. Nothing else mattered to him at that moment but our satisfaction. He was rightfully proud of his expertise.

I wanted to compliment the folks at the Mother Ship for the work they did. It was a heartbreaking event for us, but the Classic has been made whole again and so are our spirits. We received a combination of craftsmanship, Midwest kindness, and professionalism during the entire process.

It was all the more impressive knowing that the Covid virus has ripped through the entire workforce, pressing them all to the wall. Still they came through for us.

Cincinnati Insurance was terrific to work with. Kudos to them and gratitude.

There are enough criticisms on our forums that I thought I might try to add some weight to the other side of the balance.
ProPride Hitch
Voyager back-up camera
Davidwantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:36 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 30' International
Pennsylvania , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidwantz View Post
I have chronicled my encounter with the pine tree I did not see. I heard the bang and scrape along the side of the AS. It deflected the ribs so much, that the galley was pushed inboard about 1.75 inches.

And to re-assert, I was going only 3-4 mph, had cleared the tree I could see at the corner, and was lining up again in the lane when it happened. All my fault, of course.

Anyway, the folks at Jackson Center were, as I have always found, just wonderful. Artie Presser was the estimator and was both sympathetic and precise. He told me it was scheduled for repairs on 1/15/21.

On 12/15/20 —a month early— I got a call from AS telling me the job was done! "Yep, it's ready for you. I know your trailer. Just settle up with you get here'" Kevin told me.

We drove to Jackson Center and looked it over. It was just perfect. Greg, the technician was terrific at explaining how he went about the job. Turns out, but for hanging the sheets of aluminum skin, he did all the work himself. He had worked the line and knew every in and out of the various models.

We were quite impressed with the entire job, but noticed the screen door did not latch. In fact, it did not even meet the door jamb. Without any fanfare, he grabbed the door frame and pulled and pushed until it matched perfectly.

My jaw dropped. He just smiled and told me how to readjust it if it ever needs it.

He tracked down a new squeal in the shower fan, climbed a ladder to investigate, did some magic, and it was quiet again. Not a bother. Nothing else mattered to him at that moment but our satisfaction. He was rightfully proud of his expertise.

I wanted to compliment the folks at the Mother Ship for the work they did. It was a heartbreaking event for us, but the Classic has been made whole again and so are our spirits. We received a combination of craftsmanship, Midwest kindness, and professionalism during the entire process.

It was all the more impressive knowing that the Covid virus has ripped through the entire workforce, pressing them all to the wall. Still they came through for us.

Cincinnati Insurance was terrific to work with. Kudos to them and gratitude.

There are enough criticisms on our forums that I thought I might try to add some weight to the other side of the balance.
Airstream factory service is A1

2017 Ford CCSB F250 XLT 6.2L Gas 4x4 4:30 rear Leer Topper Ruby Red
2019 International Serenity 30 Rear Twin
majorairhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:56 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
The Great Escape

Reassuring to hear about your great escape from the jaws of mediocrity and disappointment. Kudos to Jackson Center! Thanks.
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote