Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2021, 07:39 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
2020 25' International
minneapolis , Minnesota
Thank you Forum!

I want to send out a thank you to the Forum. Special thanks to both Aknate and Uraljohn! To those of you who are considering installing awnings. Coming from someone who has re-built engines, recreational vehicles, restored a car, worked on aircraft, boats, and high-end custom woodworking. Though installing the awnings isn't a difficult task, it is incredibly nerve-racking. Most mistakes in all of the previous examples can, for the most part, be un-done. Drilling holes in your brand new Airstream cannot; it's a one and done. You have all heard the term measure twice, cut once. When drilling holes, you measure eight times, take 10, measure again three more, then drill. You are on high alert until the awning is installed square and works as it should. After installing all three, you are ready to either pop a cork or head straight to bed. Once installed, I spent over an hour taping my calk lines before squirting the Adseal. I'm a little anal when it comes to clean calk lines. If I had a reliable dealer, installing the awnings would be the job for them. Its more to do with the liability of a possible mistake or scratching the exterior. Thanks again, fellow Members!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FD1088C9-06BB-4FEF-A172-4A5F7DF879F0.jpeg
Views:	10
Size:	439.6 KB
ID:	400457