Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #1

1997 30' Excella
Shullsburg , Wisconsin
St. Louis, Missouri Service Man

We live in Wisconsin and are looking at buying a 34 foot Airstream Excella Classic Ltd. in the St. Louis area in the next few days. Before buying it we want to have it gone over by a serviceman on site to make sure everything is in working order. Any suggestions who we can contact for pay to do this lookover? Thanks

Mary Bradley
buttertoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Sunrise Beach , Missouri
I would give Billl Thomas Airstream a call and see if they would perform this as a service call. They have serviced Airstreams for years and are outstanding. If there are any issues you need repaired they could do a good job for you to fix it. They are located on I-70 West of St. Louis.
wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1969 18' Caravel
, Iowa
I would 2nd the motion to have Bill Thomas RV check-out your possible purcase.
They have a good reputation for Airstream service,
Good Luck.
WBCCI #4568
MarkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
New Florence , Missouri
Send a message via Skype™ to alumawife
Mary,
We live in the St. Louis area and know the folks at BT well. In our experience, they don't send techs to do inspections unless it is their unit. Are you buying the AS from them or an independent owner?
alumawife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
On adventure with H&G

1955 22' Flying Cloud
1958 26' Overlander
1966 28' Ambassador
Lansing , Kansas
I recently moved to the Kansas City area, and also recently contacted BT for warranty service. I was astonished that they would refuse to work on my trailer since I did not purchase it there. I have subsequently had another dealer more than happily agree to do the work and the Airstream rep from Jackson Center has also been more than helpful in working the issue. At this point I am only waiting on the parts to arrive. It won't be done through Bill Thomas though, and once complete, I may ask Airstream what their policy on dealers refusing to take on warranty or other service.

Extremely disappointing that Bill Thomas senior service manager would refuse outright. This is NOT my expectation of how a credible dealer would handle themselves.

It may behoove the OP to call around in the area to RV service centers in the expected pick up and verify their availability to check it out and do any work. Likely that most anywhere could do what he needs done to ensure it's ready to travel.

Regards,

Matt
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

kirkwood , Missouri
Rec tek

Forget BT! only work on trailers they sold. A super friendly highly experienced
Company call REC TEK. They work on all makes but Airstreams are their favorites. They are located in Hazelwood MO a few miles from the airport on a street named BYASSEY drive 314731 9080.
owner since 11-11-2007
jeffrho is offline   Reply With Quote