Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-24-2020, 10:47 AM   #1
Looking for our next proj

Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Someone to seal our trailer San Diego

Does anyone have recommendations for someone to seal our 1977 TradeWind in the San Diego area? We could use a couple of other quick repqirs. We need someone mobile. I've left messages for Abe Hernandez and not heard back so I think maybe he's not working right now or too busy.
laragc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:45 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
AS Repairs and sealing

Quote:
Originally Posted by laragc View Post
Does anyone have recommendations for someone to seal our 1977 TradeWind in the San Diego area? We could use a couple of other quick repqirs. We need someone mobile. I've left messages for Abe Hernandez and not heard back so I think maybe he's not working right now or too busy.
laragc, There are (3) Airstream/RV dealers near you in San Diego. If they sell Airstreams they must also be able to service Airstreams to Company standards. 1.) La Mesa RV Center San Diego.
2.) RV Solutions, Inc. San Diego and...
3.) San Diego RV Sales. I have no knowledge of these dealers but at least they are close to you. I know you said mobile but just thought you might not be aware of these shops. Also while it is a little drive for you there is also Inland RV in Corona, Ca. They have done modified AS coaches and conversions as well as providing Airstreams for movie studios use as living quarters for stars. They have done restores and rebuilds over many years. If you google Airstream Dealers California it will list many, many more shops to try. Hope this helps, Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 01:08 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Inland RV in Corona no longer has a service department of any sort. Andy closed the service department about 10 years ago, and has sold the business and retired.

They sell parts only nowadays. I live in Corona...not far from their facility.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:32 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Inland RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
Inland RV in Corona no longer has a service department of any sort. Andy closed the service department about 10 years ago, and has sold the business and retired.

They sell parts only nowadays. I live in Corona...not far from their facility.
I was aware that Andy had retired but was not aware that Inland no longer serviced or sold Airstreams! Sorry for the miss-information! Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:41 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Chula Vista , California
There are one Airstream dealer in the San Diego and two just north in Orange County and Temecula.
RV Solutions in Kearny Mesa just off the 52.
Inland Airstream in Temecula near I-15. (This is not Inland RV)
Orange County Airstream in Westminster on Highway 39
Oreg52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:53 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Kiefer , Oklahoma
Just because the Airstream dealership services Airstreams, doesn’t mean they how to it.
You will need to tell them exactly what to use & where.
Do not let any technician use RVT silicon on your Airstream seams or rivets.
Floatingair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 12:16 AM   #7
Streamliner

2006 19' Safari SE
Santee , California
I can tell you this, Abe Hernandez worked on my trailer when I first bought it. I tried in vain to get him to respond to subsequent inquiries. My experience with him was strange at best.... unreliable and unprofessional.
Markj55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:37 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
There is Area63Productions in Rialto. Not an Airstream Dealer but a very good repair shop.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 12:46 PM   #9
Looking for our next proj

Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
There is Area63Productions in Rialto. Not an Airstream Dealer but a very good repair shop.

Bill
Very helpful! Thank you! I will call them to see if they have any mobile service as I don't want to tow her at the moment (needs brakes and bearings and new axles and we aren't quite there yet but MUST get her sealed).

I also have not heard good things about the local dealer and, as noted above, do not want to tow to OC in the taken-apart shape she's in now. LA is too far for me. We love Inland for parts but yes, no more service department.
laragc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 01:13 PM   #10
On Comet

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Santee , California
We bought our 2017 Flying Cloud from RV Solutions in San Diego. Sales department was good, the service department undersized and under staffed (IMO). I had to wait 5 months before they could make repairs that should have been taken care of at the factory. When a new problem cropped up we went to Inland Airstream in Temecula. A bit of a drive from Santee (where we live) but worth it. They had the problem fixed in about a week.

I've also used Abe Hernandez to come over and adjust our brakes (didn't feel like driving up to Inland Airstream with a brake problem!).

It took several days to make contact with Abe but we did connect. I explained the problem and he came over two days later, and even arrived early! He knows what his stuff. Hopefully he hasn't been impacted by the coronavirus or maybe he's hunkered down to ride it out. It might be worth trying again to get a hold of him. He's a lot more convenient that having to haul the AS somewhere to get it serviced.
Silver Comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 01:30 PM   #11
Streamliner

2006 19' Safari SE
Santee , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Comet View Post
We bought our 2017 Flying Cloud from RV Solutions in San Diego. Sales department was good, the service department undersized and under staffed (IMO). I had to wait 5 months before they could make repairs that should have been taken care of at the factory. When a new problem cropped up we went to Inland Airstream in Temecula. A bit of a drive from Santee (where we live) but worth it. They had the problem fixed in about a week.

I've also used Abe Hernandez to come over and adjust our brakes (didn't feel like driving up to Inland Airstream with a brake problem!).

It took several days to make contact with Abe but we did connect. I explained the problem and he came over two days later, and even arrived early! He knows what his stuff. Hopefully he hasn't been impacted by the coronavirus or maybe he's hunkered down to ride it out. It might be worth trying again to get a hold of him. He's a lot more convenient that having to haul the AS somewhere to get it serviced.
I’m in Santee too.... we’re neighbors. I used Abe 6 years ago on the recommendation of a fellow ASer. He was great when he came out. After that my calls would go unanswered and unreturned. Once he called back and said he was in Mexico seeing family and another time he said he had broke an arm or something. The bottom line is he never made himself available.

That said, I’ve been doing most of my own work on my AS. RV Solutions is anything ‘but’ when it comes to an AS. They don’t have a very good reputation And when I was on their lot looking at AS’s, I knew more about them than they did! I wish I knew who to turn too locally for repairs. So, if you or anyone else comes up with anyone local, please let me know.
Markj55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 12:44 PM   #12
1 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Livingston , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Powayegg
We are full time in an Airstream currently Covid hiding in Campland. Our air-conditioner stopped working and we called this gentleman. He showed up on time and fixed our problem. Very knowledgeable and fair priced. Has worked on other RV's in the park and all satisfied. We have also used Webb RV in Lakeside, CA and very satisfied with their work. When traveling the Airstream dealer in Albequerque NM has also been a life saver, quality work and fair priced. We will reroute a trip to have repairs done there. RV Solutions is a joke for repairs or parts.Click image for larger version

Name:	Image.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	371105Click image for larger version

Name:	Image%20(1).jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	371106
Old 06-24-2020, 01:40 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

2020 25' Globetrotter
San diego , California
I was completely unimpressed with rv solutions, I knew more than the sales guy. His quote "the thing with airstreams is they are the size they say, a 25 foot is 25 foot."

I bought my airstream from Airstream of Orange county. It was way better. There service department looked legit, they were doing a clamshell sided coffee shop thing.

By the way im in Granite hills!!!
JunkYard is offline   Reply With Quote